Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MM3?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3?

So every one says install your tuner first before removing hard parts.

So can you run the truck that way until you get the time to replace hard parts?

I want to install my tuner but my exhaust hasn't shown up yet.

2. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3?

50 miles or less IMO.

4. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

If i down load the stock file cant i stay on that and have no issues

6. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    You can write the delete tuning file to the truck and start the truck to make sure everything is ok and then write the stock file back to truck until you get your exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

No you can't. The tuner will disable all the emission stuff in the PCM, but you will still have the DPF and NOX units on the exhaust. They will clog up fast without the Regen process because the tuner disabled them.

The "stock" tune is a tricky word. It means it will disable the emissions portion in the PCM but not adjust for extra fuel or timing. In other words the truck is factory horsepower and settings only emission parameters are off.

2012 Ram 3500 4x4, Dually, Longhorn, 4:10 Max Tow, Steering Brace, Suspension Maxx End Links, Bilstein Shocks,
    Snow Plow Prep Pkg (Yep... bought it in Florida. I always think that's funny!).

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thank u thats what i needed to no ill wait tell my exaust shows up

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I thoought the stock file was ment to renable all the emissions stuff and turn the truck back to factory defaults if you put the all the factory junk back on.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

11. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by northstarfire0693 View Post
    I thoought the stock file was ment to renable all the emissions stuff and turn the truck back to factory defaults if you put the all the factory junk back on.
    That’s what I thought as well. How else would you be able to take it back to the dealership for warranty work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Ram 2500, 4 door, short bed, MM3 by DRD, S&B Cold Air Intake, Jamo 4inch Exhaust with muffler and tip, Shibby Plugs, Supernova V4 LED headlight bulbs

13. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I think @Double R Diesel or @IGOTACUMMINS maybe even @dudesdiesel would have a good answer.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

15. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

So every one says install your tuner first before removing hard parts.

So can you run the truck that way until you get the time to replace hard parts?

I want to install my tuner but my exhaust hasn't shown up yet.
    Good morning everyone, so the stock file like stated is the file that the mm3 grabs from the truck before installing the custom tuned file. It is the file that is on your truck the day you buy it. If you install the tuner and load the tunes onto your truck it disables everything. At this point, your free and clear to remove the exhaust portion. The moment you put the stock file back on the truck, you have to have all sensor and connections hooked up properly or else your truck will not operate properly. You can leave everything on but you run the risk of it clogging and having more troublsome issues if something gets too clogged and will not the exhaust escape how it's meant to be. I would not install the tuner until you have everything in place ready to go.

What they mean by install it before the hard parts is done is due to if there is an issue with the tune, you will find out before you remove anything and get stuck if you happened to damage any sensors, cut the exhaust and do not have a way of putting it back on.

Does that make sense? Still drinking coffe bahaha

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

17. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast