Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: 2015 OEM Airbag compressor

1. Top Of Page | #1

2015 OEM Airbag compressor

Not entirely suspension related, well, somewhat in that it involves the airbag air supply.

Anyone know if it's a good or bad idea to look any further into using the air from the stock airbag compressor to fire a quad trumpet air horn? Would it actually be that simple, to tap the existing airline with a push lock T running air to the horn's 12v solenoid valve?

Current: 2015 3500 Longhorn CC LB DRW 4x4 CTD AISIN 4.10, Brilliant Black Crystal (PXR) with White Gold Metallic (PWL)
    First: 2000 2500 White (bought new, had long enough to replace VP44 2 times, 400K+ miles)
    Personal Info: Full carnivore since June 2014, and healthier than EVER (literally only meat/animal products...I don't eat my food's food)

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

Re: 2015 OEM Airbag compressor

FYI for anyone looking, best I can tell it's a dry closed nitrogen loop, so to tie into it would be an epic disaster. Just need to get a dedicated compressor for the task.

Current: 2015 3500 Longhorn CC LB DRW 4x4 CTD AISIN 4.10, Brilliant Black Crystal (PXR) with White Gold Metallic (PWL)
    First: 2000 2500 White (bought new, had long enough to replace VP44 2 times, 400K+ miles)
    Personal Info: Full carnivore since June 2014, and healthier than EVER (literally only meat/animal products...I don't eat my food's food)

4. Thanks Skywrench thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 OEM Airbag compressor

My truck doesn’t have the factory air suspension but I’ve wondered the same thing. Thanks for letting us know.

2016 3500 Laramie Mega DRW Aisin 3.73

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post