Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  65
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LED Headlight Bulbs That Fit Quad Housings

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

@ngosteli

Nevermind - just might stick with halogens - due to costs of the HIDs & those really need projectors to be at their best.
    The cost of a quality set of Projector headlights is ridiculous.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    So what is the best bet on LED's in projector headlights (2017)?

I had Supernova LED's for my 1500 reflectors (headlights and fogs) from headlight revolution and was not all that impressed, although much better than stock halogens. Looked pretty good, easy to install, and canbus adapter worked just fine.

For my projectors should I pony up for HID's or is there a good LED that works well in there?
    I have been following this website for a while that compares LEDs against each other in projectors and reflectors.

https://bulbfacts.com/

It's constantly updated with bulbs that headlight revolution won't compete against.

Not saying they are bad have their license plate LED light bar and it's amazing.

I bought the Lumibright XT1 at the time they were the best bulbs you can get for projectors.

The problem with LEDs is they are constantly getting outdated.

Still waiting on the Laser bulbs from retrofit source.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

4. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Jeff - Great information above

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

My apologies for reviving an old thread, has anyone had any additional experience (good or bad) with the auxbeam f16 bulbs?

It looks like there's 2 options for the f16 bulb, the standard f16 and the f16 plus-any feedback on one vs the other?

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whitca View Post
    My apologies for reviving an old thread, has anyone had any additional experience (good or bad) with the auxbeam f16 bulbs?

It looks like there are 2 options for the f16 bulb, the standard f16, and the f16 plus-any feedback on one vs the other?
    Have not seen Auxbeam except their first gen light bars in person, (was not impressed light was horribly scattered) the bulbs I have read really mixed reviews of them.

Not with them burning out or not working just with light output based on reflectors.

However, that was all for the first Gen stuff when it came out seems to be a lot better now.

I would run them if your just looking for a plug and play, I also think almost all the LEDs are made in the same factory such as the Opt7 although I can't prove that.

For the Mid-Tier under $100 USD, it seems they are alright next to the Hikari Ultra.

I personally want Lumibright XT1 Gen2 I have Gen 1 and those are amazing.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

10. Thanks watersupply189, whitca, SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Re: LED Headlight Bulbs That Fit Quad Housings

I did a very minor adjustment to my quad headlights last night.

Since the High Beams do not present any issues (Visibility) & with 300-400 lbs in the bed & the front end actually gets leveled out a bit - the Low Beams are really not bad at all (I can actually see 200ft out in front of me) not just 50 to 100ft. (This got me Thinking)!

So I raised (adjusted) the height 5 full turns (Clock Wise) - according the the beam on the wall @ 25ft - it raised the main beam height about 1" - I will slowly make this adjustment until I am content with the results.

Yes I am keeping on coming traffics vision in my thoughts (a small percent)
    Even though - These newer autos today - have extremely Bright White Lights that give my old eyes horrid glare - (Really not a fan of night driving any longer) just for this reason.
    I won't even mention all the HIDs installed today - on the raised Trucks - that literally blind all on coming traffic. (Unless they have them adjusted properly) - Most don't!

Travelling the Interstates or Turnpikes - These are not really noticed - but going down 2 lane highways or country roads - Those that have experienced this (It Sucks) - The Newer Ford Super duties are brutal.

I'm really not to concerned with raising my reflectors up 2".

@ngosteli Keeps a few of us up to date with the reliability of your new Auxbeam F-16 series LED headlight bulbs.

As for now: Come next summer these will be installed.
    1. Fogs
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U1L7LKK/?coliid=IEL08VG55Z1MA&colid=1HL51LQGZ4PT1&psc=1&re f_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

2. Low Beams
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U1OL356...v_ov_lig_dp_it

3. High Beams
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017XELXT2...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Like posted earlier -- I want all 3 sets as close to the same color as possible!
    Possibly might fork up some extra $$ on some high quality Pods or small Lightbar & place inside the lower hole in the bumper.

This bar for myself is easily affordable & most importantly comes with every thing I will need - I like how the mounting brackets are placed and powder coated.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123