Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: 5th gen OEM Powersteps on a 4th gen??

1. Top Of Page | #1

5th gen OEM Powersteps on a 4th gen??

Seeing that the new 5th gens have an option for steps similar to AMP Research, and the exterior of the cab’s of the 2 generations are identical, wondering if it would be easy to retrofit the steps onto a 4th gen?

Online prices I’ve seen for the new OEM’s are right in the ballpark with the AMP and RBP steps, but if it was a Mopar part, it could carry a better warranty? Just food for thought as I watch the moonrise

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB
    2016 Ram 2500 CCSB *SOLD*

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 5th gen OEM Powersteps on a 4th gen??

I have seen very little pics besides the dealer site on steps. I would like to see them up close and see how they are built. I'm sure that Mopar isn't building them. would be interesting to see who is building them for Mopar.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: 5th gen OEM Powersteps on a 4th gen??

I haven’t looked too closely at the power steps but I do know the regular 19 side steps mount differently than the 18 down. Plus I doubt they will be able to function as they do on the 5th gen If I remember correctly they are bcm controlled. Ill grab a vin at work when I get a chance and look at the wiring schematics.

4. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post