Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MM3 EGT Probe

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 EGT Probe

About 2 weeks ago I did my delete and went with DRD full package.

I also got the EGT probe after I installed it it was not reading right. I contacted DRD he got me in contact with Dirk at MM3 and he sent me new probe and I just installed.

It seems accurate but I took it out this morning and it was still reading 140 degrees.

Just wondering what everyone else is seeing before you start your truck?

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

2. Likes CARAM liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 EGT Probe

Where do you have the probe installed? If in the EGR cooler block off plate then it is going too read a bit cooler than if in the manifold

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have it mounted in the manifold right above the turbo

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

It should be reading around 700-850 while hwy driving at 65-70 mph.
    There is definitely something wrong. I had to retune or reinstall my tunes when I put mine. That allowed the MM3 to "see" the hardware.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

7. Likes Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

So I drilled it a little lower then yours Bajaben
    and when I was driving today it doing 70 at 1500 rpms and in 6th it was around 700 when I hit a hill I kept it at 70 and around the same rpms and the egt went up to 1150 as soon as I let off it went back down to 700.

9. Likes bajaben liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I need to try and get this figured out befor we go camping.

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abgunnar View Post
    I need to try and get this figured out befor we go camping.
    Did you "reset" the tuner? I just put the probe on my truck last week. Unplug the OBD connection from the truck, reconnect, and then turn the truck on. Kind of like the "did you turn it off and back on?" thing for troubleshooting. I had to do that because my probe wasn't reading at all at first.

Also, when you have it connected and reading, tap on that reading on the MM3 to bring up the ranges/alarms/etc and there should be a calibrate option where you can tell it to calibrate to current ambient after the truck has been sitting for a little bit.

Hope this helps.

12. Thanks Abgunnar, Oil Stain thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skiffer View Post
    Did you "reset" the tuner? I just put the probe on my truck last week. Unplug the OBD connection from the truck, reconnect, and then turn the truck on. Kind of like the "did you turn it off and back on?" thing for troubleshooting. I had to do that because my probe wasn't reading at all at first.

Also, when you have it connected and reading, tap on that reading on the MM3 to bring up the ranges/alarms/etc and there should be a calibrate option where you can tell it to calibrate to current ambient after the truck has been sitting for a little bit.

Hope this helps.
    yes tied that, I calibrated it when the probe was out of the manifold and I put my kprobe next to it to get a accurate temp and after I saved it went back to the dash board it read 140 degrees. Dirk is supposed to get back to me tomorrow after he talks to his engineer.

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

yes tied that, I calibrated it when the probe was out of the manifold and I put my kprobe next to it to get a accurate temp and after I saved it went back to the dash board it read 140 degrees. Dirk is supposed to get back to me tomorrow after he talks to his engineer.
    Hmm, that is odd. Just another troubleshooting thing, make sure the wires at the junction block are tight and fully seated. A loose connection could throw off the resistance readings. If that doesn't help, DRD will definitely help you out as much as they can. They're good people. Hope you get it figured out

15. Likes Abgunnar, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

So I drilled it a little lower then yours Bajaben
    and when I was driving today it doing 70 at 1500 rpms and in 6th it was around 700 when I hit a hill I kept it at 70 and around the same rpms and the egt went up to 1150 as soon as I let off it went back down to 700.
    That sound right to me. I get those same numbers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

17. Thanks Abgunnar thanked for this post
    Likes Abgunnar liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast