Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  25

Thread: No Bus - Truck Possessed- all stock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Re: No Bus - Truck Possessed- all stock

I dropped it off this evening. I keep thinking about the P-0606 code I retrieved with the key cycle method.

P-0606 = PCM Failed its self test. One suggestion is:

Retrieves freeze frame data using an OBD-II scanner. Doing this will provide information as to when the code was set by the PCM, as well as what likely caused the code to be stored.

Will the MM3 retrieve freeze fram data? I may just be looking for a reason not to wait to order the MM3 from Ray. I don't have as much faith in the dealer as I should and if this unit will assist me in diagnosis that would be huge! Im not sure if the key trick shows all the codes. Does the MM3 show the "deep" codes? Can I down load the MM3 user manual before making the purchase. Knowledge is power, it would be beneficial to be able to scan the truck before I speak to the dealer again. Thanks for brain storming.

Cheers

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: No Bus - Truck Possessed- all stock

Dont tune unless your truck is healthy. Make RAM fix it under warranty then drive it a few 100 miles to make sure the problem is resolved. I never had the problem you are describing happen to my truck. 2012 RAM 78k custom tuned at 25k

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post