Thanks Thanks:  115
Likes Likes:  197
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attacks On DRD From Within This Forum

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Attacks On DRD From Within This Forum

Howdy folks,

Unfortunately it has come to our attention there are few bad apples that have made membership on igotacummins.com to simply undermine our business and try to give us a bad name. How do we know, well the moderators here have reported the activity as well as some loyal customers who have shared some private messages sent across this forum. This is quite a shame because we have been minding our own business and have not personally attacked any other company out there.

There are folks going about this forum privately and even tried so publicly, stating to would be customers that either our tuning is terrible or stating that they should not purchase from us because we charge a small fee for retunes. These bad actors would then try to sell someone on HPP/CTT Tuning claiming it to be superior and cheaper. We do not know if these folks are being directed to do this by the HPP/CTT or whether they are simply dealers of the parent company. Either way, it is just plain wrong.

First of all, if you are not a paying vendor on this forum, you have no right to sell anything on here. Secondly and most importantly, you have no factual basis to say our tuning is bad. We have thousands of happy customers. We have trucks running hundreds of thousands of miles without issues. We have the best customer service out there PERIOD! Try getting someone else to get you a revised tune file or tech support on a Sunday...not gonna happen with them others!

With regards to our tuning, these bad actors point our tunes have shift flare within the transmissions tuning. That is true. Factory tuning also has shift flare. I have covered this topic many many times. Converter unlock between gear changes is there for a reason and needs to be there on a street driven truck. These bad actors point the fact that HPP/CTT tuning has no flare due to locked shifts...and that is true. HOWEVER, these folks are not telling you the fact that there have been broken transmissions due to locked shifts. They are also not telling you that Revmax, which is the very company they claim to be doing research and development for, will not warranty their transmissions with locked shift tuning do to the very reasons mentioned! I had a long conversation with Revmax on the phone about this very topic and locked shift tuning is one the main reasons they came out with a "tuneless" 68 transmission because they were tired of warranty claims from such tunes.

With regards to us charging for a retune, I have explained that on here before. HPP/CTT does so few tunes with a MM3, they could care less about charging for a retune for those and their bread and butter is EZ Lynk...and with EZ Lynk tunes are shared via the cloud. With tune sharing via a cloud, everyone gets the exact same tune with one touch of button...so sure they do not mind doing that for free. With our tunes, each tune is done on an individual basis and thus why we charge.

SO, having made my case above...LET IT BE KNOWN TO THE BAD APPLES THAT YOU ARE BEING INVESTIGATED AND WILL BE CAUGHT!

@IGOTACUMMINS

Thank you

Ray

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Attacks On DRD From Within This Forum

Ray we have seen this over the last few days and are at the moment investigating this with our moderators.

These people will be banned ASAP with out question!

We will not put up with this type of behavior here.

Thank you,
    igotacummins

Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Howdy folks,

Unfortunately it has come to our attention there are few bad apples that have made membership on igotacummins.com to simply undermine our business and try to give us a bad name. How do we know, well the moderators here have reported the activity as well as some loyal customers who have shared some private messages sent across this forum. This is quite a shame because we have been minding our own business and have not personally attacked any other company out there.

There are folks going about this forum privately and even tried so publicly, stating to would be customers that either our tuning is terrible or stating that they should not purchase from us because we charge a small fee for retunes. These bad actors would then try to sell someone on HPP/CTT Tuning claiming it to be superior and cheaper. We do not know if these folks are being directed to do this by the HPP/CTT or whether they are simply dealers of the parent company. Either way, it is just plain wrong.

First of all, if you are not a paying vendor on this forum, you have no right to sell anything on here. Secondly and most importantly, you have no factual basis to say our tuning is bad. We have thousands of happy customers. We have trucks running hundreds of thousands of miles without issues. We have the best customer service out there PERIOD! Try getting someone else to get you a revised tune file or tech support on a Sunday...not gonna happen with them others!

With regards to our tuning, these bad actors point our tunes have shift flare within the transmissions tuning. That is true. Factory tuning also has shift flare. I have covered this topic many many times. Converter unlock between gear changes is there for a reason and needs to be there on a street driven truck. These bad actors point the fact that HPP/CTT tuning has no flare due to locked shifts...and that is true. HOWEVER, these folks are not telling you the fact that there have been broken transmissions due to locked shifts. They are also not telling you that Revmax, which is the very company they claim to be doing research and development for, will not warranty their transmissions with locked shift tuning do to the very reasons mentioned! I had a long conversation with Revmax on the phone about this very topic and locked shift tuning is one the main reasons they came out with a "tuneless" 68 transmission because they were tired of warranty claims from such tunes.

With regards to us charging for a retune, I have explained that on here before. HPP/CTT does so few tunes with a MM3, they could care less about charging for a retune for those and their bread and butter is EZ Lynk...and with EZ Lynk tunes are shared via the cloud. With tune sharing via a cloud, everyone gets the exact same tune with one touch of button...so sure they do not mind doing that for free. With our tunes, each tune is done on an individual basis and thus why we charge.

SO, having made my case above...LET IT BE KNOWN TO THE BAD APPLES THAT YOU ARE BEING INVESTIGATED AND WILL BE CAUGHT!

@IGOTACUMMINS

Thank you

Ray
    You know you are doing right when they try to come to our home haha. Keep up the good work Mr. Ray! We as well as many others will always support you. A lot of these people I can only assume have not even had a chance to run your tuning to even comment badly on it.

Also, big thanks goes out to the mods who keep this forum great! It takes a lot of work that not many people have any knowledge of. It's not as easy as you think having to edit posts, move posts around to proper locations and verifying each member that comes to this forum plus handle whatever job they may have including this one! Huge thank you for looking out!!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK
    INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    Dudesdieselperformance@gmail.com

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

This response is directed to me Kellen 801-380-6242.

Gents, I was a happy customer of Rays and I found something I liked better. It's that simple. No bad mouthing. Here is the PM in question that I sent to a member who had messaged me about my MM3 that I had for sale.

It seems that my ad has been removed.

Read it and decide for your self:

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen
    Quote Originally Posted by zx636
    Do you have the pillar mount or is this just the mm3?
    mm3 with windshield mount
    Do you have the EGT sensor?
    are you still looking for an MM3? I will sell with the EGT probe. I can mail it to you if you are not around the Augusta area.

give me a call if you are interested.

Kellen 801-380-6242
    I am still looking for an MM3. However, by the time I buy a vin unlock license and tunes from DRD for your tuner, I’m not that far off from buying a new one. I absolutely mean no offense, but if I’m going to spend that much, I would rather buy a new tuner. Thanks though.
    HPP is arguably the best in the game and offers unlimited tune revisions whereas Ray wants $200 every time you ask for a change. I have had DRD and HPP. HPP’s trans tuning is much tighter and smarter. Ray’s tunes run a gear higher than you feel it should be in and feels sluggish. Plus on the down shift under throttle, Ray’s tunes leave excessive flare it feels compared to HPP. HPP is much better feeling. Also RamBeast and Greg A on YouTube use nothing but HPP. Also Firepunk transmissions tune with HPP. Also HPP does R&D for Revmax. Go HPP. Also, MM3 is my preference over EX Lynk. Give me a call and I can help explain some things that I learned by spending lots of money more times than I should have. 801-380-6242

5. Thanks gravelscratcher thanked for this post
    Likes gravelscratcher liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I joined this forum almost 3 years ago as a platinum member, due to how the "other" forum was being operated and the comments being made. I frequent this site quite a bit throughout the day and I can not believe that this site is now being run this way. It appears that this site caters to only one tuning device and one tuning provider. I ran Rays tuning for almost 90k miles on my 2015 without issue. With my new 2018 I chose to go another route with a different device and tuner. Is there something wrong with that? If someone asks my advice on tuning, and I don't bow down to the only tuning provider on here, I guess I am going to get the boot and be investigated? The culture you are creating here is going to drive new diesel enthusiasts away from this one great forum.

7. Likes CajunCowboy654, Msquare liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear this is a issue. I personally have not used Ray's tuning but obviously he knows what he is doing and cares about keeping his customers trucks running safe for longevity. I'm personally only used ca tuning only because I only have learned about DRD since joining this platform. Everyone has there options and everyone knows who is the best. My next opportunity I get will be will Ray. Keep up the good work and God Bless. I just lost my little dog today so if my grammar is bad forgive me

9. Thanks Opie15, Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes Opie15, Jaxonsram, 1BdKntryboy liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Champs 6.7 View Post
    I joined this forum almost 3 years ago as a platinum member, due to how the "other" forum was being operated and the comments being made. I frequent this site quite a bit throughout the day and I can not believe that this site is now being run this way. It appears that this site caters to only one tuning device and one tuning provider. I ran Rays tuning for almost 90k miles on my 2015 without issue. With my new 2018 I chose to go another route with a different device and tuner. Is there something wrong with that? If someone asks my advice on tuning, and I don't bow down to the only tuning provider on here, I guess I am going to get the boot and be investigated? The culture you are creating here is going to drive new diesel enthusiasts away from this one great forum.
    First off being run how? Nothing has changed here. We protect this great community from all the garbage that you don't see. We are sorry that you feel this forum has gone backwards as we don't see that. All we see is the attacks from certain tuners behind the scenes.

We have no problem with opinions, but please understand there is more to the story at hand.

The big issue we have is Vendors signing up as a lifetime platinum member then trying to sell behind doors and guess what they are trying to sell? EZ Lynk!!!

So if they want to sign up as a Vendor then please by all means do it. We have no issues with that, but selling behind our backs is against our rules.

We are looking into the issue above also.

Thank you,
    igotacummins

Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

11. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Sorry to hear this is a issue. I personally have not used Ray's tuning but obviously he knows what he is doing and cares about keeping his customers trucks running safe for longevity. I'm personally only used ca tuning only because I only have learned about DRD since joining this platform. Everyone has there options and everyone knows who is the best. My next opportunity I get will be will Ray. Keep up the good work and God Bless. I just lost my little dog today so if my grammar is bad forgive me
    I am very sorry to hear about this.... It's never easy losing a best friend like that... How long was it in the family? Me and the wife will say a prayer for you today bud.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK
    INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    Dudesdieselperformance@gmail.com

13. Thanks RamHunter18, Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram, 1BdKntryboy liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    I am very sorry to hear about this.... It's never easy losing a best friend like that... How long was it in the family? Me and the wife will say a prayer for you today bud.
    Thanks buddy. 13 years 1 month she was my baby for sure. She went everywhere with me. Car truck rv motorcycle you name it. RIP Sable..

15. Likes Jaxonsram, Msquare liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Sorry for your lost... Prayers

17. Thanks RamHunter18 thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast