Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: Factory clutch starting to go

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Factory clutch starting to go

Hay guys and gals. I have a question and hoping to get some of yalls opinions on. I have a stock 2003 2500 HO nv5600 6 speed crew cab long bed 4x4 with just under 113000 miles. I was driving it a few days ago and noticed the clutch starting to slip. I do haul a 24 foot horse trailer weighing 10-12000 pounds depending on what horses I am hauling and a 18 foot tag along flatbed. I would like to plan on upping the hp in the 400 range. Now my question is what clutch do yall recommend and what sold you on it. I don't need competition rated anything the truck is for the most part a daily driver. Thanks

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Factory clutch starting to go

Quote Originally Posted by 03 unicorn View Post
    Hay guys and gals. I have a question and hoping to get some of yalls opinions on. I have a stock 2003 2500 HO nv5600 6 speed crew cab long bed 4x4 with just under 113000 miles. I was driving it a few days ago and noticed the clutch starting to slip. I do haul a 24 foot horse trailer weighing 10-12000 pounds depending on what horses I am hauling and a 18 foot tag along flatbed. I would like to plan on upping the hp in the 400 range. Now my question is what clutch do yall recommend and what sold you on it. I don't need competition rated anything the truck is for the most part a daily driver. Thanks

Hey bud! I recommend this clutch from valair. It supports up to 500hp as well as every day driving and towing. It's the quiet version as well. QNV56DDSN-ORG

I'll shoot you a message with the link as well.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks 03 unicorn, david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes 03 unicorn, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Personally I've had good luck with south bend 3250 double disk. First and reverse are grabby until you get the hang of it but you not gonna slip it and the clutch pedal is easier to push then stock. That being said there are multiple options available so wait til you get some more opinions and do some reading. Until them dont floor it or get on it hard in 5th and 6th gear

6. Thanks 03 unicorn, cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Personally I've had good luck with south bend 3250 double disk. First and reverse are grabby until you get the hang of it but you not gonna slip it and the clutch pedal is easier to push then stock. That being said there are multiple options available so wait til you get some more opinions and do some reading. Until them dont floor it or get on it hard in 5th and 6th gear
    Thanks for the recommendation on the south bend I'll look into it some more. I have really tried to be easy on her sence I noticed it start to slip.

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Valair dual disc here and have been impressed with it as to date. 1 year and going strong. I would highly recommend the quiet version.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

10. Thanks 03 unicorn thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Valair dual disc here and have been impressed with it as to date. 1 year and going strong. I would highly recommend the quiet version.
    Thanks that is what DDP recommended.

12. Likes cumminsdieselfreak, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 03 unicorn View Post
    I've had a dual disk from both Valair and South Bend. I prefer the South Bend 3250.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Thanks 03 unicorn thanked for this post
    Likes 03 unicorn, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

You really can't go wrong with either Valair or SB.

Diesel Dawgs
    (828)399-1556

16. Thanks 03 unicorn, david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes 03 unicorn, david3gen liked this post