Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for morr info on a truck biuld witj a G56

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Looking for morr info on a truck biuld witj a G56

Hi guys I'm new. Not to the Cummins world but to this forum.

I'm a manual transmission guy and I just got my first dodge with a G56. All my other trucks were autos because I could never find a manual.

I had a 09 that was built and a 2012 that wasn't bad but when I got the chance to buy a new 18 with a G56 I jumped at it.

Just wanted some ideas for builds and I pull a lot and live in a state with no smog rules.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Looking for morr info on a truck biuld witj a G56

Start with the clutch as that is a big weakness from the factory.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes walla2k5, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post

I'm a manual transmission guy and I just got my first dodge with a G56. All my other trucks were autos because I could never find a manual.

I had a 09 that was built and a 2012 that wasn't bad but when I got the chance to buy a new 18 with a G56 I jumped at it.

Just wanted some ideas for builds and I pull a lot and live in a state with no smog rules.
    Clutch for sure, tunes if you wanted, air bags, thuren springs, there are definitely a few things you can do for sure depending on how heavy you tow.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Does any one have a good opinion on clutches . Tuning and deleteing is on the way .southbend valair dual disk or single?

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Does any one have a good opinion on clutches . Tuning and deleteing is on the way .southbend valair dual disk or single?
    Dual disc for sure. Valair and South Bend are both reputable companies. I would suggest buying the quiet version of either though.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thaks for the input. My mm3 and exaust showed up i cant wait.

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Dual disc for sure. Valair and South Bend are both reputable companies. I would suggest buying the quiet version of either though.
    I made a cursory look into clutches and was overwhelmed with the number that seemed to be avalible for the G56. I may not have had the filters set right and it was showing me everything Valair made, not sure now that I think about it, but how do you know which is the quiet version and how noisy is the non quiet version? Are there any benefits to one or the other? I also saw three disk clutches, if two is good wouldn't three be better or at some point does it become overkill for someone who isn't looking to get into the 1000 HP build but wants to remain close to stock output +60 or so...?

14. Likes 03 unicorn, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

The quiet version has considerably less noise, it's the floater plate that rattles around and makes a heck of a racket.

This is what I have, holds tight and won't let go: https://www.dudesdieselperformance.c...egory=34719085

Valiar has an organic version also: https://www.dudesdieselperformance.c...egory=34719085

Get a hold of Clayton of @DudesDieselPerformance, he's vendor here and will treat you right.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

16. Top Of Page | #9

A triple disc clutch is overkill for a G56, you want the clutch to remain the weak link not the transmission. Anything over 750hp is a time bomb for the G56 transmission. Personally I run a clutch rated at 650hp and have pushed 750 on a previous 4th gen with no slippage. If you plan on going over 750hp in a G56 well don't, start thinking NV5600 at that point LOL. Again my opinion (A fairly knowledgeable opinion). Any double disc clutch is sufficient for 80% of diesel guys with a manual transmission that wanna stay as reliable as possible. Hope this helps!

2018 2500, G56, SSSB3600, Arp625 Head studs, Arp Manifold studs,BD Diesel FMW 467.7 2nd gen swapped, MM3 Custom tuning by Ray, Ceramic Pro Gold, Toyo Mt 33x12.50x20, Hostile Sprocket 20x10 -19, Fass 165, DDP 150 sticks,10mm exergy stroker pump, Bd Throttle Booster, Money Pit! The fass165 150 sticks and 10mm pump did ok but was running out of rail for anyone interested. It's now gonna have DDP 100%'s, DDP 12mm pump and a FASS 250gph

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

My current truck is my first AUTO, I had used only south Bend in the past.

I suggest you call South Bend. Peter makes a great clutch. No bad or good comment on other clutches as I have never used them.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

18. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast