Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  45
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 68RFE TRANS LEARNING PROCESS

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE TRANS LEARNING PROCESS

I never seen this before. I've had rays tuning for about 5k miles and switched power levels a few time. I thought I did the process correct. If we had exhaust brake on does anyone know what this has done or not done?

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

2. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I typically change to a lower tune a couple days before hooking to the camper but I've had a couple time when it was the morning of the trip. This was with my XRT so it was a full flash each time. I guess I've been lucky.

I thought the whole benefit of SOTF hp changes was that you could change power level and get right back to driving???

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Thanks DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I don't think its just me on these questions. I can say that finding all of the information on the correct re-learn process has been a challenge. I to assumed on some things so that's on me for assuming.
    so lets get the info going for all of us to share and put it in simple words.
    1. if someone did the relearn and had the exhaust brake on , is this bad, needs to do it again?
    2. can we confirm , do we need to do a relearn each time we change power levels?
    3. when we do a new ecm flash or re-flash, I understand we need to do a tranny relearn, does the power level matter for this?
    4. going from a power level ie, 60hp to stock power level (but still deleted or egr-less tuned) do we need to do another tranny re-learn?

I'm just trying to see if we can get all of these questions and scenarios on same thread.

thanks Justin

Justin

6. Thanks Power247, Outbreak thanked for this post
    Likes TW24COUGARS, Power247, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    I don't think its just me on these questions. I can say that finding all of the information on the correct re-learn process has been a challenge. I to assumed on some things so that's on me for assuming.
    so lets get the info going for all of us to share and put it in simple words.
    1. if someone did the relearn and had the exhaust brake on , is this bad, needs to do it again?
    1.1 with the exhaust brake on the convertor stays locked and won't let the down shift relearn properly, personally I would do a relearn if your not happy with shift quality. I have done many relearns while monitoring cvi's and seem to take around 50 miles then I do another 150 or so easy driving while slowly adding more than 30% throttle
    2. can we confirm , do we need to do a relearn each time we change power levels?
    2.2 changing power levels doesn't need a relearn but I would drive it easy for a few miles.
    3. when we do a new ecm flash or re-flash, I understand we need to do a tranny relearn, does the power level matter for this?
    3.3 relearn is needed and time you reflash the pcm for anything with a 68RFE
    4. going from a power level ie, 60hp to stock power level (but still deleted or egr-less tuned) do we need to do another tranny re-learn?
    4.4 sotf power level change no relearn

I'm just trying to see if we can get all of these questions and scenarios on same thread.

thanks Justin
    Added my opinions above

8. Thanks DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
    Likes DIESELWRKS, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Added my opinions above
    copy, Thanks for the input. on #3. do we know if there is a preferred HP level for relearn.

and if someone is to do a new relearn . do we need to reflash the PCM with our tune? or just the relearn process as stated?

RamHunter thanks for taking the time and helping

Justin

10. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

copy, Thanks for the input. on #3. do we know if there is a preferred HP level for relearn.

and if someone is to do a new relearn . do we need to reflash the PCM with our tune? or just the relearn process as stated?

Your welcome. I was always told power level for the relearn doesn't matter. But personally I always use the lowest. To do a new relearn you either need a scanner that can reset your tran adaptive(cvi's) or just do a reflash which will reset the cvi's back to stock and then proceed with a relearn

12. Thanks DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Also a side note doing a proper relearn sucks and takes time and patients but it is worth it. Didn't the tuner you bought your tune from inform you to do a relearn?

14. Likes Roberto Fisherman liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Also a side note doing a proper relearn sucks and takes time and patients but it is worth it. Didn't the tuner you bought your tune from inform you to do a relearn?
    With my DRD egr less tune. I do not recall anything w package that had this. I remember having to look through alot of videos but those were ones to het set up and do the install.
    Not throwing stones.
    So now I don't recall off the top of my head on how to do a reflash w my tune. I'm sure it's easy.
    I'll do some digging when I have my next set of days off.
    Thanks for the help

Justin

16. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

With my DRD egr less tune. I do not recall anything w package that had this. I remember having to look through alot of videos but those were ones to het set up and do the install.
    Not throwing stones.
    So now I don't recall off the top of my head on how to do a reflash w my tune. I'm sure it's easy.
    I'll do some digging when I have my next set of days off.
    Thanks for the help
    As for the reflash, you just program it like you did the first time. As the the trans relearn, after loading tune you should drive easy for a few hundred miles so the trans gets to know the new software. I would do a mix of city/highway driving AFTER you've done about 30-50 miles of city driving. You want the trans to shift up/down as much as it can during this time so it can relearn it's shift points.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

18. Thanks DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    As for the reflash, you just program it like you did the first time. As the the trans relearn, after loading tune you should drive easy for a few hundred miles so the trans gets to know the new software. I would do a mix of city/highway driving AFTER you've done about 30-50 miles of city driving. You want the trans to shift up/down as much as it can during this time so it can relearn it's shift points.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm at work right now so limited time but wanted to say thank you

Justin

20. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast