Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  45
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 68RFE TRANS LEARNING PROCESS

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE TRANS LEARNING PROCESS

MM3 ULTRA HAS TRAS TUNING INCLUDED MY UNDERSTANDING IS WHEN TRANS TUNING IS INCLUDED THERE IS NO LEARNING PROCESS REQUIRED.
    I have nothing to compare my trans to because I deleted it New it runs like a scalded dog and shifts great. I can’t say what I have noticed isn’t a normal characteristic of the 68RFE BECAUSE it’s not consistent therefore I would believe it is normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Relearn is always required unless it's a G56

3. Thanks CARAM thanked for this post
    Likes Roberto Fisherman liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Good info to know. I may have to reflash mine due to having to take it on the highway. ( didn't have a choice ) Ive put about 140 miles on mine after tuning and the trans shifts rough at times. Not sure if I should just ride it out over the next week and see if it improves or start from scratch. I love what Ray did with the truck, my only complaint is the shifting.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Good information here. I reflashed my ECM by just rewriting the custom tune file back to the truck then followed the above procedure. Truck seemed to smooth out some after 32 miles. Ill take it out again today and do a little more before I go back to work Friday. Being my drive to work is 30 miles on mostly highway I want the trans to relearn before I get it on the highway. Hope I got it right this way. If anyone has any other ideas or sees a problem with what I have done let me know.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

6. Likes Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Update for today. I put on some more miles by running around town shopping. Its up to 48 miles and the truck is shifting much better since I did the reset. Have a fer more things to do tomorow, so that will put me around 60 miles (ish). From what I understnd that should be plenty on the relearn process to where I can put in on the highway for friday to head to work. Overall not hard process and I am very happy with DRD tuning.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Yes you should be good to go. I still take it easy for the first 150 to 200 miles to let the learning fine tune itself. Drive normal and no pedal to the medal launches and you will be fine. The 68 shifts one time feel great and the next not so much but that's just the nature of them. Drive smart and it will live a long happy life for you. Enjoy

10. Thanks northstarfire0693 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Yes you should be good to go. I still take it easy for the first 150 to 200 miles to let the learning fine tune itself. Drive normal and no pedal to the medal launches and you will be fine. The 68 shifts one time feel great and the next not so much but that's just the nature of them. Drive smart and it will live a long happy life for you. Enjoy
    That's the plan. I don't do boost launches or anything stupid like that. I don't plan to tow for another month, so I think by then I will have plenty of miles on the trans since retune.

12. Likes RamHunter18 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Relearn is always required unless it's a G56
    You beat me to it

14. Likes Dan in MI liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Ones you get through the trans learn proses can you switch to any horsepower or does it have to relearn every time you switch? Does it do a relearn with RT sound tunes?

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Two other things to mention... Stay out of tow mode and leave the exhaust brake off during the relearn process!!!

17. Likes Roberto Fisherman liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast