Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Question on trans learning with MM3

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question on trans learning with MM3

I finished with the mods on my truck this weekend. From what I understand the trans needs to go through a relearn process. I've been running the 30hp switch and have put about 20 miles on it. Should I leave it in the 30hp switch or can I run it in the 60 hp ? What I'm trying to find is that happy spot on power/mpg, but I don't want to mess with the trans during the relearn process. Any help or advice would be great.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

2. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Question on trans learning with MM3

Quote Originally Posted by northstarfire0693 View Post
    I finished with the mods on my truck this weekend. From what I understand the trans needs to go through a relearn process. I've been running the 30hp switch and have put about 20 miles on it. Should I leave it in the 30hp switch or can I run it in the 60 hp ? What I'm trying to find is that happy spot on power/mpg, but I don't want to mess with the trans during the relearn process. Any help or advice would be great.
    It most likely will have a relearn for each power setting since the timing and firmness will fluctuate depending on the power curve in each tune. You will need to run each for about 150-200 miles to learn then it will save it for switching around. Stop and go will help it learn a bit faster since it’s repeating the shifts more often. Overall just take it a bit easy when not locked up and you’ll be fine

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks northstarfire0693 thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Power level doesn't matter. Just keep it under 30% throttle and go from 1st to 6th gear then slow down til stopped and do it again as much as possible for 50 miles or so.

6. Thanks northstarfire0693, Cumminstrokethis thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

This step is sort of a pain but it is much needed. Definitely want to do it now so you won't have any issues later on.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I haven't done much research on this but plan to regear soon and will want to do it after that. Can the relearn be initiated by the MM3 or do you have to carry it to the dealer for the reset?

2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab - 68RFE - Carli 2.5" level coils - Carli radius arm drops - Carli 1" rear coils w/ RC 1" rear spacers - 17x8.5 0mm Method Mesh - 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T - AAM 4.10 gears - Airlift 5000 bags - Airlift Wireless OBO - PacBrake Oil Filter Relocator

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Power level doesn't matter. Just keep it under 30% throttle and go from 1st to 6th gear then slow down til stopped and do it again as much as possible for 50 miles or so.
    Ill do that. Most of my driving will be highway going to work. If it don't feel right is there a way to get the tranny to go back into relearn ?

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Reflash it back to stock and then retune it and it will reset the cvi's then you can do the relearn again

12. Thanks northstarfire0693, CARAM thanked for this post
    Likes CARAM liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Reflash it back to stock and then retune it and it will reset the cvi's then you can do the relearn again
    That's what I thought, but wanted to ask and make sure. Im hoping that the relearn will be done quick. I drive 30 miles twice a day for work, most highway. I don't know if that will make a difference on the relearn or not.

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Make sure its shifts up and down all the way 20 or so times and stay off the highway during that time. After that just take it easy for awhile and dont floor it or try to pass anyone on the highway or it will cost you

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I run 65 on the highway, don't have a choice on not taking it. I'm not going full power or anything stupid. How do you know when the relearn is done ?

16. Likes CARAM liked this post