Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  24

Thread: Baldwin Custom Built Trailer Hitches

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Baldwin Custom Built Trailer Hitches

I recently decided to look for an upgraded hitch and came across Baldwin Custom Fabrications out of Climax, NC. James Baldwin has been devoting his services to custom built trailer hitches for some time now and his attention to detail and constant communication with me throughout my build process has been excellent.

He builds whatever style hitch you would like and does it quickly. He also has them powder coated to whatever color you desire. He is building me a 12" drop hitch with a tri-ball that has a removable shackle at the bottom, a pintle lock attachment with built in step bar and a flag holder. Here are some pictures of my current build and some pictures of others he is building. Mine will be sent out for powder coating tomorrow and I can't wait to receive it! He doesn't have a website but he has a Facebook page which is Baldwin Custom Fabrications and has had excellent reviews from his customers.

His business number is also 336-501-2563

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks watersupply189, siouls thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Baldwin Custom Built Trailer Hitches

Quote Originally Posted by SMASHER View Post
    I recently decided to look for an upgraded hitch and came across Baldwin Custom Fabrications out of Climax, NC. James Baldwin has been devoting his services to custom built trailer hitches for some time now and his attention to detail and constant communication with me throughout my build process has been excellent.
    He builds whatever style hitch you would like and does it quickly. He also has them powder coated to whatever color you desire. He is building me a 12" drop hitch with a tri-ball that has a removable shackle at the bottom, a pintle lack attachment with built in step bar and a flag holder. Here are some pictures of my current build and some pictures of others he is building. Mine will be sent out for powder coating on tomorrow and I can't wait to receive it. He doesn't have a website but he has a Facebook page which is Baldwin Custom Fabrications.
    Oh dang that’s nice!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes SMASHER, david3gen, AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

His hitches are built stout and don't have the high price of the GEN-Y hitches! He's a one man army working for himself and he's gone far and beyond my expectations in communication throughout my build process, I'll post pictures of mine when it's done!

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SMASHER View Post
    His hitches are built stout and don't have the high price of the GEN-Y hitches! He's a one man army working for himself and he's gone far and beyond my expectations in communication throughout my build process, I'll post pictures of mine when it's done!
    Looking forward to seeing the pics.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Likes david3gen, AnOldBiker liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Here's some pics of the hitch components and it installed on my truck!

Attached Images Attached Images

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Dang that looks good. I have seen an add on Facebook market plac

11. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Those are sweet. Thanks for the info. I've been looking for something like these.

13. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

Baldwin Custom Built Trailer Hitches

Smasher, glad you actually got your hitch.

He's been giving me the run-around for 3 months.

Buyer beware.

Looks like I might be out several hundred dollars.

He seemed like such a nice guy with a nearly flawless review/record.

Oh well.

15. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post