Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heater issue

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Heater issue

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Atwell View Post
    When I look at the actuator for the blend door (the one to the left of the clove box) and I move the knob from cold to hot it moves. I get some heat out of the front vents but really no heat out of the floor vents or defrost. The dealership is giving me the run around on it because I bought it used and they don’t want to pay for it even though they told me they would take care of it. They said they hook it up to the computer and the computer states the actuator and blend doors are within spec. . My wife wanted me to buy a brand new truck but I didn’t want that type of payment so I got a 2014 with 130k on it. So you can imagine what I’m having to hear from her. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a pile of schtuff

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    I’ve been there. I replaced everything inside my dash. Because the parts did’nt cost much. It is the amount of work getting it done.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...672a9e0608.jpg

I remember that. One would think they would have made it easier to service. I guess it's a way to get people back to the dealer

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes david3gen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I remember that. One would think they would have made it easier to service. I guess it's a way to get people back to the dealer
    I guess so. I had this problem before i was a member of any forum. So i googled it.My heater only blew cold air and found out that at least one blend door must have been broken.

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I’m going to try to flush my heater core first this morning I noticed it was warmer on the passenger side vs the driver side. I don’t have dual cool/heat control so it should be the same.

How long did it take you to take the dash out?

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    I guess so. I had this problem before i was a member of any forum. So i googled it.My heater only blew cold air and found out that at least one blend door must have been broken.

I guess it was someone else. so much to remember. . so little space

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I’m going to try to flush my heater core first this morning I noticed it was warmer on the passenger side vs the driver side. I don’t have dual cool/heat control so it should be the same.

How long did it take you to take the dash out?

Waste of time. It's either the damper or the controls. We've been down this road before. If both heater hoses are hot near the firewall, the core is open. Come to think of it, as long as I've been driving these trucks and the forums, I've never heard of the core clogging.

8. Likes david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I know there is an actuator to the left of the glove box that I can see. When I move the knob from cold to hot I see it move. When I hit the recirculating button I see that actual door open. I can get Luke warm air out of the front vents but when you change it to floor or defrost it’s cooler then what was coming out of the front vents. Now if I drive for about an hour I can get the truck warm inside with the blower on high, but this that amount of time I should be sweating. Do you have any recommendations I could check before taking out the entire dash?

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Waste of time. It's either the damper or the controls. We've been down this road before. If both heater hoses are hot near the firewall, the core is open. Come to think of it, as long as I've been driving these trucks and the forums, I've never heard of the core clogging.
    Agree with @Polaraco. Anything else is a waste of time.

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I know there is an actuator to the left of the glove box that I can see. When I move the knob from cold to hot I see it move. When I hit the recirculating button I see that actual door open. I can get Luke warm air out of the front vents but when you change it to floor or defrost it’s cooler then what was coming out of the front vents. Now if I drive for about an hour I can get the truck warm inside with the blower on high, but this that amount of time I should be sweating. Do you have any recommendations I could check before taking out the entire dash?

I believe there are aftermarket blending doors for the 4th gens. I know there are some for the 3rd gens. These doors eliminate the breaking. I might suggest you order them and for pete's sake, take it to a shop or someone who understands the systems. I can tell you're not too mechanical. You have to separate the AC evap lines too. It will require a gauge set, vacuum pump and a couple of cans of freon. It's not really that hard if you are an experienced mechanic. Even a good shade tree would be good. I have all that stuff and the tools and vocabulary to do this job. Mine is even more complicated because of all my auxiliary systems and gauges.

Based on what I have been reading, I urge you to get help or send it out. It's cheaper than breaking stuff. Just the old grampa passing on wisdom. No smart butt intended. Just being realistic.

12. Likes david3gen liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12