Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heater issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Heater issue

Hello all! Out of the front vents I can get luke warm heat, out of the defrost and floor vents it’s even cooler then the front vents. I checked the in and out hoses on the heater core and they are both at temp. I checked the blend actuator to the left of the glove box. When I move the switch from cold to hot the actuator does move. So I’m not too sure what could be the issue.

2014 Ram 2500 6.7l.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Heater issue

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Atwell View Post
    Hello all! Out of the front vents I can get luke warm heat, out of the defrost and floor vents it’s even cooler then the front vents. I checked the in and out hoses on the heater core and they are both at temp. I checked the blend actuator to the left of the glove box. When I move the switch from cold to hot the actuator does move. So I’m not too sure what could be the issue.

2014 Ram 2500 6.7l.

Do you notice your temp gauge fluctuating showing the t-stat is opening and closing as it should? Are the hoses going into heater core hot as well as coming out of heater core?

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Do you notice your temp gauge fluctuating showing the t-stat is opening and closing as it should? Are the hoses going into heater core hot as well as coming out of heater core?
    Temp goes from 186-193. The temp going into the heater core and out of the heater core feels the same and is hot to the touch.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Temp goes from 186-193. The temp going into the heater core and out of the heater core feels the same and is hot to the touch.

I know you said the blend door would move but does it move 100%? If they are the same temp then i would suspect the blend door is not opening all the way.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

When I look at the actuator for the blend door (the one to the left of the clove box) and I move the knob from cold to hot it moves. I get some heat out of the front vents but really no heat out of the floor vents or defrost. The dealership is giving me the run around on it because I bought it used and they don’t want to pay for it even though they told me they would take care of it. They said they hook it up to the computer and the computer states the actuator and blend doors are within spec. . My wife wanted me to buy a brand new truck but I didn’t want that type of payment so I got a 2014 with 130k on it. So you can imagine what I’m having to hear from her. LOL.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

When I look at the actuator for the blend door (the one to the left of the clove box) and I move the knob from cold to hot it moves. I get some heat out of the front vents but really no heat out of the floor vents or defrost. The dealership is giving me the run around on it because I bought it used and they don’t want to pay for it even though they told me they would take care of it. They said they hook it up to the computer and the computer states the actuator and blend doors are within spec. . My wife wanted me to buy a brand new truck but I didn’t want that type of payment so I got a 2014 with 130k on it. So you can imagine what I’m having to hear from her. LOL.

LOL even the new trucks still have issues but with a higher payment haha. Luckily it's normally easily fixed it's just figuring out the issue is the hardest part.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Where do you think I should start? What should I check first?

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Where do you think I should start? What should I check first?

Could possibly be the heater core needs replacing or flushed out. I have not personally done this so i would have to help you research how to do that.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I can pull the heater hoses tomorrow and hook up the water hose to just flush the heater core.

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I’ve been there. I replaced everything inside my dash. Because the parts did’nt cost much. It is the amount of work getting it done.

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast