Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: 2015 Cummins Turbo Going bad

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2015 Cummins Turbo Going bad

Had dealer look at truck; exhaust break not work but dealer says actuator is fine and suggest a turbo - I have an HE300VG. My truck is deleted and tuned (60K miles) and the want $6K to replace it. Instead, I'm going to rebuild it at home for a few hundred dollars. I write today to try and understand the steps (most efficient) to remove turbo. Do I need to drain coolant? Who has the best Kits? I'm looking at Turbo Lab on Ebay and I've watched several of their videos. Rebuilding the turbo seems easy but getting it off of truck seems the most difficult. Any help would be appreciated steps, hints, tricks and parts.

Thanks in advance!

2. Likes Yamahamod liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 Cummins Turbo Going bad

Quote Originally Posted by S4evans View Post
    Had dealer look at truck; exhaust break not work but dealer says actuator is fine and suggest a turbo - I have an HE300VG. My truck is deleted and tuned (60K miles) and the want $6K to replace it. Instead, I'm going to rebuild it at home for a few hundred dollars. I write today to try and understand the steps (most efficient) to remove turbo. Do I need to drain coolant? Who has the best Kits? I'm looking at Turbo Lab on Ebay and I've watched several of their videos. Rebuilding the turbo seems easy but getting it off of truck seems the most difficult. Any help would be appreciated steps, hints, tricks and parts.

Thanks in advance!
    I personally try to stay away from ebay. Although they have some great items, something like a turbo i would not trust. I have seen lots of guys have terrible terrible headaches when doing buying stuff for their truck.

Removing the turbo is not too difficult. There are lots of you tube videos to help you out for sure. 6k is crazy.... i could get you one of the best twin kits for that kind of money haha

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak, Yamahamod liked this post