Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Fluctuating RPM

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fluctuating RPM

" I have a 2008 dodge 6.7. About a month ago it started shutting down when I let my foot off of the throttle going down the road. It would start right back up no problem. I saw where my actual fuel rail pressure wasn’t reaching my desired rail pressure, so I changed the fuel rail sensor. After doing that it wouldn’t start at all. Got a fuel rail block off cap. I blocked off the #6 injection port on the rail, fired right up. Had it in the shop for 3 days because now my rpm’s fluctuate where the rpm’s bounce around slightly at low throttle. Shop said they couldn’t find anything wrong but rpm’s are still jumping and if you listen you can hear the motor fluctuate with the rpm like it wants to die but doesn’t. I’m wanting to know if there are any sensors I need to check, injector problems maybe, trans issues (68 RFE), or fuel related? Fuel pressure is good at 18 psi with airdog. Fuel filter has been changed.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fluctuating RPM

Have they checked injectors and sensors yet? There is defiinitely alot of options that could be the cause of this.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Likes Yamahamod liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Fluctuating RPM

All sensors checked out ok. Getting injectors checked next.

5. Likes Yamahamod liked this post