Thanks Thanks:  65
Likes Likes:  138
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New MM3 Firmware ver. (4-8-2019)

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

New MM3 Firmware ver. (4-8-2019)

I just pulled down the new MM3 Firmware update via MM3 Agent. I like the new look. Very clean display. But now, on the main menu I have a message that says "new feature! Re-tune truck to see"

Can anyone just tell me what the "new feature(s)" is/are? If I re-tune the truck I've gotta go through the whole 68RFE re-learn cycle again and my trans has finally settled out from the last re-tune.

2. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: New MM3 Firmware ver. (4-8-2019)

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    I just pulled down the new MM3 Firmware update via MM3 Agent. I like the new look. Very clean display. But now, on the main menu I have a message that says "new feature! Re-tune truck to see"

Can anyone just tell me what the "new feature(s)" is/are? If I re-tune the truck I've gotta go through the whole 68RFE re-learn cycle again and my trans has finally settled out from the last re-tune.
    Don't know what the update is all about myself yet. I should know later today. I always say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Don't know what the update is all about myself yet. I should know later today. I always say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    Ray,

They cleaned up the overall display, which is nice. Instead of having the white "hourglass" when the truck is not running, there's a small "NA" under each PID. They re-designed the main menu layout as well.... but I'm on the same sheet of music as you: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'd like to know what feature it adds before I go through the trouble of another ECM flash and another 100 miles of lousy shifting.

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I understand your frustration I just tuned my 2018 2500 also so I know how serious this is. contact Ray at info@doublerdiesel.com I'm confident he can steer you in the right direction

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I just spoke with MM3 Power. They said they were gonna post up on the forum about it later today.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks, Ray! I look forward to reading their post.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    Ray,

They cleaned up the overall display, which is nice. Instead of having the white "hourglass" when the truck is not running, there's a small "NA" under each PID. They re-designed the main menu layout as well.... but I'm on the same sheet of music as you: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'd like to know what feature it adds before I go through the trouble of another ECM flash and another 100 miles of lousy shifting.
    If you get a second and wouldn’t mind posting a pic of new layout that would be awesome. With the tuning side I am very on the cautions side of if it ain’t broke don’t fix it so am curious if it’d be worth it! Like you mentioned I don’t wanna take a step backwards with the truck running so good

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Here are some pics. Don't see much diff except the hour glass is gone. My truck is in limbo at the moment so i was able to do a reload. Also went through the menus, didn't really anything to stick out to me that was different.
    I'm sure some of you guys would know more. I'm still new with the MM3.

IMG_20190408_171741125.jpg
    IMG_20190408_171811808.jpg
    IMG_20190408_171834409.jpg
    IMG_20190408_171852696.jpg
    IMG_20190408_171914256.jpg

2012 Ram 3500 4x4, Dually, Longhorn, 4:10 Max Tow, Steering Brace, Suspension Maxx End Links, Bilstein Shocks,
    Snow Plow Prep Pkg (Yep... bought it in Florida. I always think that's funny!).

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Looks like they added a feature to display what tune file or switch position is currently loaded.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast