Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Geno's Fan Clutch Tools for '98-'12 Cummins.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Post Geno's Fan Clutch Tools for '98-'12 Cummins.

I recently replaced my fan clutch on my 2012 3500 Ram Turbo diesel. There seems to confusion on how to take off the fan cutch as to which way to unscrew the unit and lack of instructions on how to use the Geno's fan clutch tool set.

First off on my 2012 the fan clutch loosens like any other nut or bolt. Lefty Lucy, righty tidy. I've noticed on most YouTube vids that most people have replaced their air intake with and aftermarket unit which seems to give you a little more room to work with.

I still have the factory air box and removing it gave more room and leverage to work with.

Back to the thread title. Geno's part number WRENCHSET1 has this 3rd tool in the middle (see photo).
    tools.jpg
    No instructions are included. After a few minutes trying to figure out how it works, I'd like to share my findings.

Below is the fan clutch removed for easy viewing.
    tool1.jpg

Using the tool slots at 10 and 2 o'clock this is how the tool should fit against the pulley behind the fan clutch which has been removed for easier viewing.

Below another view.

tool2.jpg

Below with fan clutch in place.

tool3.jpg

Below using both wrenches in place. In the above Genos tool photo, it's the left and middle tools used. The tool to the right wasn't used.

tool4.jpg

Now you push down on both wrenches to loosen fan clutch. I had to add a 4' piece of pipe on the left side wrench for added leverage when pushing down and "BAM" she broke loose.

This write up was only meant to show how to use the Geno's fan clutch tool set for the '98-'12 Cummins.

There are lots of videos on YouTube showing how to remove the fan clutch.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Oil Stain; 04-07-2019 at 11:03 PM. Reason: added additional info

2012 Ram 3500 4x4, Dually, Longhorn, 4:10 Max Tow, Steering Brace, Suspension Maxx End Links, Bilstein Shocks,
    Snow Plow Prep Pkg (Yep... bought it in Florida. I always think that's funny!).

2. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush, CumminsBrian liked this post