Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 DRD Delete Review So Far With Questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question 2017 DRD Delete Review So Far With Questions

Hey guys,

I have a 2017 2500 with the 68RFE. 3.42 275/60R20 tires.

So I deleted my truck at 60K miles and have 63000 on it now. Went with the full drd mm3 package for tunes. Got the egr, and exhaust from another dealer while drd was sold out.

Overall, I’m pleased. It took me a long time to do the exhaust and egr by myself with little experience under the hood and first diesel but I got it done.

I drive my truck daily. Mix of city and highway but almost always do 3000-4000 miles a month. I have been keeping logs on fuel economy but the short version is 17-19mpg. I did two tanks on all but the 60hp and 30hp tune. I’ll explain why.

While running the 60hp tune I noticed a lot of shift “flare” between gears. Rpms would climb, then burst up 200rpm before shifting. All gears did this but depending on my pedal firmness it would lag or flare.

The power is great but im a little concerned about the shifting. I put it back on the 120hp tune and it’s still doing it but only in the 3-6 range I think. I know there is a learning period for the trans but I haven’t heard it taking 3000 miles?

Not dogging DRD at all. Just want to make sure I’m not losing my trans.

Any ideas guys? Thanks for the help I’m advance.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2017 DRD Delete Review So Far With Questions

That is normal with drd trans tuning from what I read on here. Uncomfortable and annoying feeling but not harmful. Personally I hate the shift flare and the more power the worse it is. Mileage seems spot on. The relearn is done with in the first 100 miles or so

3. Likes walla2k5, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

RamHunter- Thanks for the reply. Makes me feel a little better. Just wasn’t sure so I wanted to ask. Overall I love the change to the truck. Just wish it would shift “normal”

take care

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JVanRanUOver View Post
    Hey guys,

So I deleted my truck at 60K miles and have 63000 on it now. Went with the full drd mm3 package for tunes. Got the egr, and exhaust from another dealer while drd was sold out.

Overall, I’m pleased. It took me a long time to do the exhaust and egr by myself with little experience under the hood and first diesel but I got it done.

I drive my truck daily. Mix of city and highway but almost always do 3000-4000 miles a month. I have been keeping logs on fuel economy but the short version is 17-19mpg. I did two tanks on all but the 60hp and 30hp tune. I’ll explain why.

While running the 60hp tune I noticed a lot of shift “flare” between gears. Rpms would climb, then burst up 200rpm before shifting. All gears did this but depending on my pedal firmness it would lag or flare.

The power is great but im a little concerned about the shifting. I put it back on the 120hp tune and it’s still doing it but only in the 3-6 range I think. I know there is a learning period for the trans but I haven’t heard it taking 3000 miles?

Also, did you do the trans re-learn process and what not? Like stated it is normal.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes walla2k5, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Dudes Diesel- I drove it like a baby in a mix of city and highway for a week on the 90hp tune. Just normal work driving. I did not do the 100 mile in city traffic straight break in I keep reading about.

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

A stock truck can't handle over 120HP or the 68RFE will give you problems.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Watch DRD's videos. He explains everything extremely well from power levels to shift flare and everything in between.

2013 3500 SRW, Mm3, DRD Tunes, Kevlar Paint

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JVanRanUOver View Post
    Hey guys,

This video is over a year old but will explain the shift flare...

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Right. I haven’t gone over the 120hp tune. I did understand that when I bought it.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

What is the relearn process and how do I do it ? Truck not deleted yet, but will be soon.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

18. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast