Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Aisin cruising RPM

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Aisin cruising RPM

Hey guys just did a 2nd gen swap and noticed at 70mph my rpms are turning about 18-1900 rpm on my Aisin transmission just wonder what your stock or modified trucks are turning as I think mine are a bit higher than normal.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Aisin cruising RPM

A turbo and manifold isn't going to change your driveline ratios. I wonder if your TCC isn't locking up for some reason? That'd make for a slight RPM increase if you're unlocked.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

That’s what I was thinking maybe a trip to a shop is in order.....I wonder if I tcm reset would fix it.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

You should be able to tell if you Torque Converter is locking up or not just by how the truck sounds and feels.

The easiest way to check is to get going 70 mph steady for a few seconds. Then roll into the throttle about 25%, not too much or it will downshift.

When you roll into the throttle....
    If the RPM's flare up relatively quickly without the truck really gaining any speed then the converter is unlocked.
    If the RPM's gradually increase as the truck accelerates then the converter is locked.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Do you know your gearing? My 16 3500 DRW has 4.10s and it is pretty close to that. Can't say exactly but it is close. Is yours DRW? I believe the SRW trucks are all 3.23 from factory. My bad,, 3.42. I got the 3.23 from my 72' scamp LOL.

Last edited by Clutch; 04-19-2019 at 06:58 PM. Reason: inaccurate memory

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Mine seem to run about the same range with 410 rear end

7. Likes Clutch liked this post