Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MM3 PID

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 PID

I just installed the MM3 with DRD tunes I have 3 questions.
    I installed the egt probe do I need to calibrate the sensor?
    How do I show what gear I’m in?
    How do you show the Percentage of the VGT?
    I had the CT’s2 and this is vary new to me.

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 PID

In the EGT PID I am also getting this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I believe there is a certain order your have to plug everything in. Check out drd YouTube videos

4. Likes Abgunnar liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abgunnar View Post
    I use the "Gear - Present" PID to show what gear I'm in, and the "TCC State right next to it to show what the converter is doing.

6. Likes Abgunnar, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Is the TCC state the one that shows you 2 4 and 8?

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yes. 2=Locked 4=Partial Lock 8=Fluid Coupling

9. Thanks Abgunnar, 6.7 Coal Train thanked for this post
    Likes Abgunnar, Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Is there a published list of all PID's available for the MM3 to monitor and possibly a definition of them? I'm looking to monitor my Transmission and i've got Transmission Pressure (TP) selected but i'm not sure if this is right. On a 120hp tune i get readings up to as high as 187. I've run the 150 tune and saw readings over 200 psi. It seems that this particular PID is tied to throttle %, gear changes, etc, but it's really hard to "watch" what's going on while driving. i've not been able to 'cause' it to read high (like moderate acceleration, etc), it just does under certain (yet to be determined) conditions. Normal at-speed, locked-gear driving the pressure reads right around 100psi.
    A.) Does this reading even mean anything? B.) are these readings reasonable? I'm thinking of setting up my phone to record these gauges on slow-mo so I can see if there's any predictable correlation to other conditions.
    Transmissions are still somewhat magical boxes for me. but i assume higher pressure is good to a point (meaning more pressure on clutch plates?) but too much will cause blow by, heating of the oil, or bubbling etc? but i could be on another planet. Yes, i know, the bottom line is stay off the 150hp tune until and unless i do some downstream mods.

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

oh, and to add to this ^^^ the truck drives perfectly fine. i just wanted to better understand what i'm looking at.

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Given to me:

”Here's the link to the Smarty Touch PID lists.

http://madselectronics.com/SmartyTouchPIDS.html

Since the MM3 is based on the Smarty Touch hardware platform I'm pretty sure the PID list for your year truck is what will be available on your MM3.”

13. Likes Abgunnar liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abgunnar View Post
    Your EGT sensor is not correctly installed or you have exposed wiring touching the body somewhere. You need to revisit your installation of that sensor to correct the fault of Short to Ground.
    Gear-Present will show your current gear as stated above.
    VGT Turbo Position will show your VGT percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee View Post
    Is there a published list of all PID's available for the MM3 to monitor and possibly a definition of them? I'm looking to monitor my Transmission and i've got Transmission Pressure (TP) selected but i'm not sure if this is right. On a 120hp tune i get readings up to as high as 187. I've run the 150 tune and saw readings over 200 psi. It seems that this particular PID is tied to throttle %, gear changes, etc, but it's really hard to "watch" what's going on while driving. i've not been able to 'cause' it to read high (like moderate acceleration, etc), it just does under certain (yet to be determined) conditions. Normal at-speed, locked-gear driving the pressure reads right around 100psi.
    A.) Does this reading even mean anything? B.) are these readings reasonable? I'm thinking of setting up my phone to record these gauges on slow-mo so I can see if there's any predictable correlation to other conditions.
    Transmissions are still somewhat magical boxes for me. but i assume higher pressure is good to a point (meaning more pressure on clutch plates?) but too much will cause blow by, heating of the oil, or bubbling etc? but i could be on another planet. Yes, i know, the bottom line is stay off the 150hp tune until and unless i do some downstream mods.
    1. https://www.igotacummins.com/threads/13052-MM3-PIDS
    2. Transmission pressure absolutely matters and is tied to throttle position inherently because MLP (main line pressure) increases as RPMs/load increase, at least initially. Pressure goes down as load decreases.
    3. At WOT on a stock valvebody you should see a maximum of 180psi; if you are running an aftermarket valvebody/transmission, 200+ is normal. 165 is the OE max.
    4. You can influence a high reading by giving the transmission max load....i.e. Full throttle from a dead stop, power braking, etc.
    5. Higher pressure is a great thing. Higher pressures ensure less clutch slippage and a better/stronger lock on the clutch packs.

All in I dailyed a 120HP tune from Ray for a long time. Had it not been for my transmission being stupid and not wanting to play nice, I never would've had an issue. But my truck didn't want to play nice.

15. Likes Abgunnar liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast