Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MM3 PID

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 PID

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Your EGT sensor is not correctly installed or you have exposed wiring touching the body somewhere. You need to revisit your installation of that sensor to correct the fault of Short to Ground.
    Gear-Present will show your current gear as stated above.
    VGT Turbo Position will show your VGT percentage.

1. https://www.igotacummins.com/threads/13052-MM3-PIDS
    2. Transmission pressure absolutely matters and is tied to throttle position inherently because MLP (main line pressure) increases as RPMs/load increase, at least initially. Pressure goes down as load decreases.
    3. At WOT on a stock valvebody you should see a maximum of 180psi; if you are running an aftermarket valvebody/transmission, 200+ is normal. 165 is the OE max.
    4. You can influence a high reading by giving the transmission max load....i.e. Full throttle from a dead stop, power braking, etc.
    5. Higher pressure is a great thing. Higher pressures ensure less clutch slippage and a better/stronger lock on the clutch packs.

All in I dailyed a 120HP tune from Ray for a long time. Had it not been for my transmission being stupid and not wanting to play nice, I never would've had an issue. But my truck didn't want to play nice.

i had to get a new egt probe even when it was out it was not reading right, I contacted mm3 and they sent me a new one, and it’s working good know that I got the calibration figured out, mm3 told me to put it at ambient temp but it just didn’t seem to read right so I tried it at 0 and it seems to be good, could you tell me what your calibration number is.

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abgunnar View Post
    i had to get a new egt probe even when it was out it was not reading right, I contacted mm3 and they sent me a new one, and it’s working good know that I got the calibration figured out, mm3 told me to put it at ambient temp but it just didn’t seem to read right so I tried it at 0 and it seems to be good, could you tell me what your calibration number is.
    Ah so the sensor was faulted internally then, most likely. I can't speak to calibration numbers as I never had an EGT gauge on my 4th gen. However, I'm sure some others can chime in on that front.

3. Thanks mccomasg09 thanked for this post
    Likes Abgunnar liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Any idea why my EGT sensor is reading 1832 deg.

It has done this since install. (Cold engine) I unplugged it and it still shows 1832.

I’ve unplugged the MM3 waited a few minutes plugged it back in and the same result.

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Got it figured out, I selected the wrong EGT PID.

Works fine now.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12