Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Strike One Oil leak

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Strike One Oil leak

Well,

i was was in love for 2 weeks until I jump out of my truck today and smelled something funny. OIL LEAK, looks like it was almost coming from the power steering but too much to be sure. Anyways it’s back at dealer and I walked my fist mile and a half not for exercise since I bought the truck. It’s strike one for this thing, I really want it to work out but I’m sitting at this resturaunt looking at new GMC online. I have been a hard core GMC all my life but looking to change and now I need to be talked off this ledge and for someone to explain what they think could be issue? 2018 with 16k on it.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Strike One Oil leak

Stay calm... slowey step away from the edge. LOL. Things happen to all brands. I'm sure they'll get you squared away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Likes walla2k5, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I'm a member of another site for my wife new car. A guy just bought a brand new car, signed the papers and drove off to get his wife from work and g to dinner. They had their dinner and when done, went to the car to go home ........ called the tow truck and back to the dealer.

Its man made ... and things can happen !

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKDIAMOND View Post
    Well,

i was was in love for 2 weeks until I jump out of my truck today and smelled something funny. OIL LEAK, looks like it was almost coming from the power steering but too much to be sure. Anyways it’s back at dealer and I walked my fist mile and a half not for exercise since I bought the truck. It’s strike one for this thing, I really want it to work out but I’m sitting at this resturaunt looking at new GMC online. I have been a hard core GMC all my life but looking to change and now I need to be talked off this ledge and for someone to explain what they think could be issue? 2018 with 16k on it.

Yes sir just stay calm and the temptation will always be there no matter what. When you get the gmc you will then wonder if you should have stayed with the ram LOL! All vehicles can and have the possibility of issues. My brand new truck i bought before i even drove it off the lot had blown speakers for some reason.... LOL the doors rattle so i had to fix that.... Lots of little things thankfully and nothing as major as a leak but the dealer should be able to replace it under warranty and what not but going through the dealer is more times a pain then helpful.

Just know that these trucks have proven themselves many times and are well worth it keeping.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Atleast its got 3 strikes LOL. Shoot you can about replace the transmission in a cummins for the price it costs to tune a new duramax LOL

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

8. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Atleast its got 3 strikes LOL. Shoot you can about replace the transmission in a cummins for the price it costs to tune a new duramax LOL
    Oil Leak update:
    ok thanks for thanking of off ledge and to all the comments, your all correct, I really didn’t get too bent out of shape about it but I was a little worried how I was going to explain my truck at dealer to all the people I bad talked Cummins to. It turns out the oil undercoating guy must have stopped to take another hit and left the gun on right at the under left hand side of the engine compartment. The dealer ran it and inspected it and said they had their shop coreman look at it and the truck does not leak a drop! Ok ok my bad, I am usually a lot smarter than this but there was just so much oil it really started to worry me. I owe an apology and I take back the strike, I did clean the underside really good and will monitor it to verify no leak. I really do love it and I’ll try not to be a hyper problemac, and I realize I posted this under the wrong forum (bugs and issues) I just saw that and figured that was me. Thanks everyone.

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKDIAMOND View Post
    Oil Leak update:
    ok thanks for thanking of off ledge and to all the comments, your all correct, I really didn’t get too bent out of shape about it but I was a little worried how I was going to explain my truck at dealer to all the people I bad talked Cummins to. It turns out the oil undercoating guy must have stopped to take another hit and left the gun on right at the under left hand side of the engine compartment. The dealer ran it and inspected it and said they had their shop coreman look at it and the truck does not leak a drop! Ok ok my bad, I am usually a lot smarter than this but there was just so much oil it really started to worry me. I owe an apology and I take back the strike, I did clean the underside really good and will monitor it to verify no leak. I really do love it and I’ll try not to be a hyper problemac, and I realize I posted this under the wrong forum (bugs and issues) I just saw that and figured that was me. Thanks everyone.

Sure thing man. No problem at all. We know you pay alot of money for these trucks and expect perfection but like anything that is massed produced there are going to be some issues. That's what we are for is to help you out when we can! Glad you feel better and are less stressed about it. Definitely keep an eye on it though for sure!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

If it was a Harley it’d be expected

14. Top Of Page | #9