Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Cold side coupler

1. Top Of Page | #1

Cold side coupler

I deleted and tuned my 12 2500 last weekend. I did the throttle valve delete as well. After I did all of the upgrades i took it for a test drive. I gave it quarter throttle and the coupler on the throttle valve popped off sending the band out the motor (luckily nobody ran it over). I figured I didn’t tighten the band so I put it back on and tethered the band so if it blew off again it stays under the hood... After that under normal driving conditions it was fine. Then yesterday I gave her the refried beans and pow it popped off. The coupler was slided up as high as I could get it and the band secure but couldn’t handle 30lbs. So I don’t know if I need a new coupler a new band or a longer coupler. Has anyone else had this issue

2. Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker, Western liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Cold side coupler

You can more then likely just get replacement clamps. They will be stronger and be able to hold the higher PSI. While your there wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade the boots as well.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker, Western liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Mark how high your boot goes up and then remove the delete part and sand off the black coating, or at least scuff it up so the boot has some grip. Or try some hair spray, spray the inside or the boot and the outside of the pipe, slide it on and tighten clamp and let it dry for a bit. Or just get some better boots and clamps from Dude's

6. Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker, Western liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Another thing you need to make sure is that you're throttle valve delete has a little lip on the end of it; if there is no lip then the clamp cant catch it and it easily slides off under boost which could be why it stays on under normal driving because you wont build much boost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

8. Likes Power247, watersupply189, RamHunter18 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Another thing you need to make sure is that you're throttle valve delete has a little lip on the end of it; if there is no lip then the clamp cant catch it and it easily slides off under boost which could be why it stays on under normal driving because you wont build much boost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

as far as I know it does, I think I am going to start with a new band, then if that doesn't work I will scuff it up and try the hairspray thing, if that doesn't work buy a new coupler, anndddd if that doesn't work part it out.......

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post