Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Here

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Newbie Here

Going to buy a 2016 3500 srw, if they would every get the recall fixed on the steering column. This will be my first deisel, plan on using it to pull a 5th wheel around the country. Thanks for the add.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Newbie Here

Welcome

Sent from my la-z-boy

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Selby View Post
    Going to buy a 2016 3500 srw, if they would every get the recall fixed on the steering column. This will be my first deisel, plan on using it to pull a 5th wheel around the country. Thanks for the add.
    Welcome friend! I have a 2016 3500 also and I have never received a recall for the steering column. What are they saying is wrong with yours?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl, AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Welcome friend! I have a 2016 3500 also and I have never received a recall for the steering column. What are they saying is wrong with yours?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    My understanding is the nut on the steering column can back off and fall apart. They are telling me every year except 15 and 16 has a fix, so I am waiting on them to get the recall fixed. I believe the fix is going to be to weld the nut so it wont back off.

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Newbie Here

Hello and welcome @Shane Selby
    Enjoy our forum!

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Laramie MC 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

9. Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

My understanding is the nut on the steering column can back off and fall apart. They are telling me every year except 15 and 16 has a fix, so I am waiting on them to get the recall fixed. I believe the fix is going to be to weld the nut so it wont back off.

This is what I received. Same as you?

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

11. Likes cumminsbadgirl, AnOldBiker liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Drag link, not steering column. LOL.
    My question is, if the jam nut is welded, will that temper the drag link and weaken it? If that sucker comes apart it could be curtains! Personally, I'd go to the parts store and buy a Moog replacement.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

13. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Welcome sir! Glad to have ya here. Let us know if we can help you learn about the cummins platform.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

LOL. Sorry drag link. Would replace but they wont even sell me the truck. I have been looking for this truck for a year and now that I found it, I cant buy it. New to the deisel but looking forward to having one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast