Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 48re help

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

48re help

New DIY 48re. Works great. Shifts great without issue. Did a couple pulls today. Now going down the highway in OD I've got a random hickup happen 3 times, for a split second rpm picks up then goes back to cruising. Kind of like its trying to downshift. Not slipping, doesn't slip at all.

Already have a GM solenoid. Did a transgo shift kit myself, pressures looked good. Still have plastic transducer, think its about to fail.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 48re help

Quote Originally Posted by rollcoal9000 View Post
    New DIY 48re. Works great. Shifts great without issue. Did a couple pulls today. Now going down the highway in OD I've got a random hickup happen 3 times, for a split second rpm picks up then goes back to cruising. Kind of like its trying to downshift. Not slipping, doesn't slip at all.

Already have a GM solenoid. Did a transgo shift kit myself, pressures looked good. Still have plastic transducer, think its about to fail.
    Transducer is likely the culprit - use a clean bucket to save your fluid when you drop the pan- replace and refill

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Tc unlocking is common as well. What year truck

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Transducer makes bi difference. Governor pressure is weird nothing until I'm going like 20 and that's 10 psi, 50 psi at 25. it shifts fine though now it is slipping in 1st and 2nd. If I bring it to a stall I'm at 2xxx rpm and I let off, should be an 1800 stall converter and I stalled it once at 1800.

Should the forward and direct clutch packs be 100% airtight? When I tore it apart fwd clutch was toasted. Fluid smells like crispy and lots of clutch matter. I have a 2-3 bind too probably making it worse.

Could've fried them from the get go too when I moved it first time it was low on fluid and i drove 1/4 mile right around in a circle but i dont see that frying them i was going slow as possible

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

No your having different problems from your 1st post so I'm confused

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yes me too. It went from doing that to now its slipping in first and second so I'm lost.

Governor pressure is weird but it shifts through the gears fine and has good line pressure 110 at idle 140 driving and 175 OD lockup but there's too much clutch material in the pan it's not right.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Fwd clutch piston had a rolled seal, band trashed from binding on 2-3 shift, and converter snout needs replaced now because it wasnt bolted flush to the flywheel I'm guessing.

Idk what was up with the governor pressure but it shifted through all the gears fine so maybe air in my gauge not reading pressure at slow speeds.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Pulled and reinstalled a couple times. Now slips really bad barely locks up. Only changes I made from last time was turned up line pressure and adjust manual valve position because fwd clutches were dragging in N

Installed TCS servo with 2 springs and an orifice to fix 2-3 bind. Still drags a little bit slips so bad I dont know.

Has bad converter drain back too, pretty sure stator bushing/ stator support is worn out. Fwd and direct clutches slip, cant stall in Fwd 1st or reverse and reverse is the worse.

Whole thing is a shitshow no idea what's going on atm. Gonna put a gauge in 2nd servo tomorrow see what its doing.

Line pressure in accumulator is 105 at idle, 150 under throttle and 190 locked up. Something is definitely not right, very annoying and have lost hope on fixing this thing.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

What year is the truck?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Top Of Page | #10