Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel Question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel Question

I have been looking at the Fass fuel system my question to all that have done this before me is if I install the Fass system do I bypass the fuel filter that is on the chassis in the rear and does the fuel filter on the engine stay in place or is it bypassed. Also how much of an improvement by adding the system will it be a difference in performance.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel Question

I have not done it yet, but have tried to keep up with it.

Once set, the pressure and flow is constant.
    There have been those that have gone either way with the stock filter.
    a: some leave it and is an extra collection for water if it passes the Fass, since they have the WIF sensor there.
    b: others have removed the stock filter if they get the Fass with the final filter and water/pre filter unit.
    c: either way works since you're setting the pressure when installing the Fass.

More or less a personal preference.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan