Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Tune/Delete/DPF with emissions question

1. Top Of Page | #1

Tune/Delete/DPF with emissions question

Hi guys
    I've searched around without finding the answer to my questions.

I've got a 2015 ram and I live in Arizona where they requested yearly emissions testing after the vehicle is 5 years old.

I'm looking to tune the truck.

My initial thought was to tune it with double r diesels emissions compliant tuning, however the truck has 41k miles and I really don't want to deal with replacing the DPF filter after this one clogs.
    That and I want a bit more sound.

So if I do a full delete, it seems like I can disconnect the EGR and leave all emissions components under the hood installed without issue.
    I will just have to install a race pipe in place of the DPF filter

Now when my time comes to emissions the truck, can I reinstall the DPF to the exhaust, return to stock and plug everything back in?

If so, any issue with check engine lights?

Then after I pass reverse the process once again.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tune/Delete/DPF with emissions question

Quote Originally Posted by Bengully86 View Post
    Hi guys
    I've searched around without finding the answer to my questions.

I've got a 2015 ram and I live in Arizona where they requested yearly emissions testing after the vehicle is 5 years old.

I'm looking to tune the truck.

My initial thought was to tune it with double r diesels emissions compliant tuning, however the truck has 41k miles and I really don't want to deal with replacing the DPF filter after this one clogs.
    That and I want a bit more sound.

So if I do a full delete, it seems like I can disconnect the EGR and leave all emissions components under the hood installed without issue.
    I will just have to install a race pipe in place of the DPF filter

Now when my time comes to emissions the truck, can I reinstall the DPF to the exhaust, return to stock and plug everything back in?

If so, any issue with check engine lights?

Then after I pass reverse the process once again.
    You should be able too. Just make sure if you delete to empty and wash out the DEF tank. Then when the time comes for inspection throw the soot cookers back on, plug in all the million connections, put some DEF in the tank and reprogram back to stock.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks RamHunter18 thanked for this post
    Likes RamHunter18 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

You will also have to put about 50 to 100 miles on the truck to make sure all the readiness monitors clear out and reset. If you just reinstall the DPF and flash in the stock tune and drive right to inspection there is a chance if they don't have time to reset you could still throw flags and fail.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Sounds like you have it figured out! That or trade it for a newer once once the bugs are out of em and delete again and stay under the 5 year mark (not ideal I wouldn't think but a thought)

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post