Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: I think too much

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

I think too much

Guys, I had an idea.. probably one that's not possible but can the def gauge be repurposed some how to read fuel level in my 90 gal Titan aux tank?

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: I think too much

You'd need a level sending unit for the tank, wiring, and can you recalibrate the gauge/sending unit to match ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I probably don't have the smarts for that

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Its a good idea, just some work and thought

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post