Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Fuel issues please help !!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel issues please help !!

So I installed the diesel fuel filter kits dual filter kit. I cut the very top fuel line to splice into is that correct??

Secondly, I’m using the fleece performance fuel filter delete, my question for this is I have 4 lines that goto the filter housing, two on the rear with the rear head return and one on the front, and one on the bottom. How do I re route these lines. It seems as is if the “supply” line they tell you to cut and splice the kit into is the return line. And the supply line in the lower of the two located on the rear of the factor housing. I am so utterly confused I need help LOL

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel issues please help !!

I tied into my line with a dual filter set up. I followed the lift pump outlet that goes to the original fuel filter and tied into that. Then if you use a filter delete kit, your messing with the delete kit instruction, but filter the fuel to that kit. I have the stock filter unit still on mine.

Edit:
    Have you thought of keeping the stock filter unit on as a water catch bowl and the WIF as a safety back up ?
    That's what I do.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I tied into my line with a dual filter set up. I followed the lift pump outlet that goes to the original fuel filter and tied into that. Then if you use a filter delete kit, your messing with the delete kit instruction, but filter the fuel to that kit. I have the stock filter unit still on mine.

Edit:
    Have you thought of keeping the stock filter unit on as a water catch bowl and the WIF as a safety back up ?
    That's what I do.

The fuel supply line is the 3/8” line correct?
    Its a cat2 micron and fuel filter/water separator setup.

I’m just looking for a diagram on the fuel system so I can either redo mine to elimnate the stock filter bowl (the eliminator comes with a threaded port for the WIF sensor) I just need to make sure I’m doing this right

5. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Any help ?

Attached Files Attached Files

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Likes david3gen, CumminsBrian liked this post