Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EGR Delete Engine Side Coolant Hose

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Question EGR Delete Engine Side Coolant Hose

I’ve tried searching, I feel like the answer to this is simple, but I can’t find anyone with a similar problem.

Got the Sinister EGR delete in a performance bundle online. Got the coolant line adapter in the stand pipe with the new silicone coolant hose on that end, no problem. The engine side is a different story. The factory line is a hard line that sits over a fitting with an o-ring (idk what they’re technically called, not a “barbed” fitting). The silicone coolant hose won’t go over this fitting. It MIGHT could be stretched over it, but I just don’t see that being right. The kit came with the silicone hose and 2 hose clamps. I would think it should come with a barbed fitting to replace the factory engine side fitting? Or does everyone just stretch the hose over the factory fitting?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: EGR Delete Engine Side Coolant Hose

Quote Originally Posted by CTA791 View Post
    I’ve tried searching, I feel like the answer to this is simple, but I can’t find anyone with a similar problem.

Got the Sinister EGR delete in a performance bundle online. Got the coolant line adapter in the stand pipe with the new silicone coolant hose on that end, no problem. The engine side is a different story. The factory line is a hard line that sits over a fitting with an o-ring (idk what they’re technically called, not a “barbed” fitting). The silicone coolant hose won’t go over this fitting. It MIGHT could be stretched over it, but I just don’t see that being right. The kit came with the silicone hose and 2 hose clamps. I would think it should come with a barbed fitting to replace the factory engine side fitting? Or does everyone just stretch the hose over the factory fitting?
    Hey CTA791 I ran into this issue as well; I stretched the hose over it and just clamped where the o-ring sat because it will give you the tightest clamp; mine has yet to leak there so you should be all good doing the same.

Now some kits do come with a barbed fitting to replace the factory one but you have a high chance of rounding off the factory fitting trying to remove it. I believe I had found somewhere that the fitting actually has an oem style red Loctite; and in order to remove it you have to heat up the area but with the factory valve cover being plastic I wouldnt recomend it but it is your call.

I hope this helps you out bud. If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

3. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Hey CTA791 I ran into this issue as well; I stretched the hose over it and just clamped where the o-ring sat because it will give you the tightest clamp; mine has yet to leak there so you should be all good doing the same.

Now some kits do come with a barbed fitting to replace the factory one but you have a high chance of rounding off the factory fitting trying to remove it. I believe I had found somewhere that the fitting actually has an oem style red Loctite; and in order to remove it you have to heat up the area but with the factory valve cover being plastic I wouldnt recomend it but it is your call.

I hope this helps you out bud. If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.

This is does help a lot, thank you sir! I ruined a couple knuckles trying to get it on earlier. I’ll try again.

You said clamp it where the o-ring sat, so you removed the factory o-ring? I assumed you’d have to to stretch the coolant hose over.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

This is does help a lot, thank you sir! I ruined a couple knuckles trying to get it on earlier. I’ll try again.

You said clamp it where the o-ring sat, so you removed the factory o-ring? I assumed you’d have to to stretch the coolant hose over.
    LOL I know what you mean it sucks trying to stretch it but it will fit.

Yes I would clamp it where the o-ring sits in the groove on the fitting but leave the o-ring on the fitting it will help it seal and stay sealed.

6. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Did you end up gettingthat hose on?

8. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I got my stock barbed fitting out fairly easy with a large crescent wrench, 12” I think. It seemed like it was really in there my first try but I made sure I had a good tight grip on the fitting and gave it some more power and it started to back out. I had to turn the wrench over after each turn to get a different angle to be able to get on the fitting. You could get at it with a thin wall deep socket, maybe regular wall, but I didnt have the right size. 24mm fit over the o-ring part of the fitting but didnt fit the hex part so maybe 25-26mm.

A quality crescent wrench with less slop probably helps. You get a tighter fit on the fitting and less chance of slipping off.

2013 CCSB 2500 G56 Tradesman

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

@CTA791 I set my hose in front of my shop heater for about 30 minutes then coated the inside with a light coat of dawn dish liquid. Went on in a snap then. After I busted my middle knuckle and sliced my thumb open.

11. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Did you end up gettingthat hose on?

8A5343F0-332C-4CEA-80E6-9081F2CC6F56.jpg

Got it. Some sensor mount right there above it. I ended up taking off the CCV filter, which got that sensor out of the way. Made it way easier to force it down. That and a little lube goes a long way!

Thanks for the info fellas.

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Got it. Some sensor mount right there above it. I ended up taking off the CCV filter, which got that sensor out of the way. Made it way easier to force it down. That and a little lube goes a long way!

Looks sweet man!!

13. Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Never forget the lube.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast