Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Exhaust brake staying open

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust brake staying open

2014 Ram 6.7 Cummins. I had the turbo and actuator replaced in November 2018. In January 2019 I did a full delete on the truck and had it tuned with EFI Live. Now the exhaust brake sticks open even when the button on the dash is not on. When the button is on then it sticks even more! I have zero throttle when it does this. Replace the actuator again in February. The truck is doing everything that it is calling for. HELP!!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust brake staying open

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLove View Post
    2014 Ram 6.7 Cummins. I had the turbo and actuator replaced in November 2018. In January 2019 I did a full delete on the truck and had it tuned with EFI Live. Now the exhaust brake sticks open even when the button on the dash is not on. When the button is on then it sticks even more! I have zero throttle when it does this. Replace the actuator again in February. The truck is doing everything that it is calling for. HELP!!
    When you replaced the actuator, did you clean the turbo or have it cleaned? The reason why the actuator normally sticks is due to soot build up.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The same shop that replaced the turbo and actuator in November replaced the actuator in February. They changed the actuator because they thought that was the problem. They said that they checked the turbo and it was good. The problem started right after the tune. I had the tuner look at the truck and he even retuned it to make sure that it loaded correctly. He does have it set up to pulsate fuel to help with fuel mileage which he said he can take out of the tune. Why does the exhaust brake even engage when it is off at the dash?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLove View Post
    The same shop that replaced the turbo and actuator in November replaced the actuator in February. They changed the actuator because they thought that was the problem. They said that they checked the turbo and it was good. The problem started right after the tune. I had the tuner look at the truck and he even retuned it to make sure that it loaded correctly. He does have it set up to pulsate fuel to help with fuel mileage which he said he can take out of the tune. Why does the exhaust brake even engage when it is off at the dash?

That should be on your tuner. Most will disable it. Im not a custom tuner so im not sure why he would leave it engaged unless it was indeed to help with fuel mileage.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com