Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  72
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slippery Truck Symbol VS No Cruise Control

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Slippery Truck Symbol VS No Cruise Control

Update 2: mechanic said the ABS code was C121D brake pressure sensor. which he says means it needs a new brake CPU for $600, does this sound right?

Update 1:

So I got the speed sensor for the rear diff to swap it out for $20 but when I climbed under the truck I saw oil leaking from the passenger side wheel. It's dripping down the rear of the brake drum shield. I'm thinking it's the rear seal on the hub. Would low diff fluid set off the traction control warning system???

The brake fluid level looks fine and no issues with the brakes as far as pressure goes. they have about half an inch of brake pad left all around. they were a little squeaky as I mentioned in my original post. I'm sure I would see brake fluid leaking at the line/caliper connection or from the piston/rotor not from the outside of the shield for the rotor.

Rear seal replacement video if this is the problem and people need this fixed 8n the future.

I'm traveling right now and don't have a chance to do some research. Family is visiting also and I'm pretty busy. So there's a button in the center console below the stereo that has the slippery Road symbol and has off and you can turn it off that symbol is in the bottom right-hand corner as if the roads snowy or icy. I tried to turn that off and I didn't do anything to turn off the slippery symbol. I think that my brakes need to be changed because they've gotten a little squeaky in the last couple days so I'm thinking there are low or worn down and I need to replace them. However with that symbol on I'm unable to click the cruise control set button. The cruise control symbol will turn on but I can't set a speed and we're on a road trip. So I'm thinking the truck is in some sort of mode for slippery roads because of the brakes and you can't set the cruise control in the instant if you are on ice or snow. Or maybe a fuse is bad somewhere??? I don't see a check engine light but haven't had a chance to scan the truck. And I haven't had a chance to look at the fuses. I just don't have the time at the moment so I'm hoping you guys can help me out a little bit and may know about this situation where the slippery symbol shows up and you cannot use cruise control and I don't you want to get a ticket so I prefer to use cruise control vs accidentally going a little fast. if anyone has any info let me know otherwise when I get a chance and the next few days I'll do a bunch of research and see if I can figure out what's going on. Thanks for your time sorry I didn't have a chance to look into this issue but I'm hoping you guys might know some information or of experience this situation and it might be a simple fix and when I get home I plan to do my brakes I don't feel the grinding sound of the little needle when you wear the breaks down in the little needle digs into the rotor so but they are pretty squeaky even after wearing off some rust from the morning moisture that occasionally I get on the pads when film of rust May build up if the truck sits in a moist environment and isn't driven for a few days seems like it squeaks so we're off that rust layer and then it won't squeak again but that was more so with an old Jeep I had I think these brake pads work pretty good and don't get that rust squeak layer in the mornings anyway let me know if you have any thoughts. Sorry about the rambling and the grammar this is all done with voice text.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    I'm traveling right now and don't have a chance to do some research. Family is visiting also and I'm pretty busy. So there's a button in the center console below the stereo that has the slippery Road symbol and has off and you can turn it off that symbol is in the bottom right-hand corner as if the roads snowy or icy. I tried to turn that off and I didn't do anything to turn off the slippery symbol. I think that my brakes need to be changed because they've gotten a little squeaky in the last couple days so I'm thinking there are low or worn down and I need to replace them. However with that symbol on I'm unable to click the cruise control set button. The cruise control symbol will turn on but I can't set a speed and we're on a road trip. So I'm thinking the truck is in some sort of mode for slippery roads because of the brakes and you can't set the cruise control in the instant if you are on ice or snow. Or maybe a fuse is bad somewhere??? I don't see a check engine light but haven't had a chance to scan the truck. And I haven't had a chance to look at the fuses. I just don't have the time at the moment so I'm hoping you guys can help me out a little bit and may know about this situation where the slippery symbol shows up and you cannot use cruise control and I don't you want to get a ticket so I prefer to use cruise control vs accidentally going a little fast. if anyone has any info let me know otherwise when I get a chance and the next few days I'll do a bunch of research and see if I can figure out what's going on. Thanks for your time sorry I didn't have a chance to look into this issue but I'm hoping you guys might know some information or of experience this situation and it might be a simple fix and when I get home I plan to do my brakes I don't feel the grinding sound of the little needle when you wear the breaks down in the little needle digs into the rotor so but they are pretty squeaky even after wearing off some rust from the morning moisture that occasionally I get on the pads when film of rust May build up if the truck sits in a moist environment and isn't driven for a few days seems like it squeaks so we're off that rust layer and then it won't squeak again but that was more so with an old Jeep I had I think these brake pads work pretty good and don't get that rust squeak layer in the mornings anyway let me know if you have any thoughts. Sorry about the rambling and the grammar this is all done with voice text.

Use your ultra to check for codes in the abs module. Sounds like youve got a trac control fault. Traction control and abs go hand in hand. And it will also disable your cruise control. So more than likely youve only got 1 issue. More than likely not your brakes. Most likely issue is a wheel speed sensor. Post back what code is stored in there.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Thanks Stewbuntu thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I can't use cruise control in my truck with traction control off. sounds like a new safety crap..... If the TC off light isn't coming on but it is actually off, then CC may not work. I am in a 2016 so it may be a little different.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Sounds like one of your wheel speed sensors is taking a crap. You need a scanner to monitor live data to see whats up

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Re no cruise/Anti-Skid-Lamp (ESC) Possible cause-MAS-Multi-Axis-Sensor out of calibration Mtd in Center under Truck. You need a Scanner that
    will Re-calibrate. Hopefully, a dealer not a good option.
    Joe

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I reset the ecm to stock and then back to deleted and the traction control symbol is still there. So sounds like it must be a censor. I think it was j7 and j12 fuses that were abs and looked fine.

So how can I test a speed sensor?

Thanks again guys

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I made a log but haven't had time to look into how to read the logs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Use your ultra to check for codes in the abs module. Sounds like youve got a trac control fault. Traction control and abs go hand in hand. And it will also disable your cruise control. So more than likely youve only got 1 issue. More than likely not your brakes. Most likely issue is a wheel speed sensor. Post back what code is stored in there.

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    I made a log but haven't had time to look into how to read the logs

Go into the menu where it gives you the choice to check abs tpms ecm. Click abs. Click read codes. Post back whats there

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

16. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

mine doesn't have a read codes when you click on ABS it just gives you set new tire diameter, then exit, and then actual time diameter

I just did basic setup though when I program the ECM and I get RT switch option to change stuff vs hp options, but I think maybe if I did Advance tuning I would get the option to maybe check the ABS and read codes???

18. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Your gonna need a actual scanner. Not a code reader. The mm3 isn't capable of going that in depth to read that system

20. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast