Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  72
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slippery Truck Symbol VS No Cruise Control

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Bumping an old thread.

The last couple of cold mornings, I've had the low traction light (slippery truck symbol) pop up and not allow me to use my cruise control.

After letting the truck run for a while (driving), I can pull over, shut the truck off, fire it right back up, and the light is gone and I can use my cruise again.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

It only happened when it's been below 32* if that means anything?

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

2. Likes watersupply189, SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJo View Post
    Bumping an old thread.

The last couple of cold mornings, I've had the low traction light (slippery truck symbol) pop up and not allow me to use my cruise control.

After letting the truck run for a while (driving), I can pull over, shut the truck off, fire it right back up, and the light is gone, and I can use my cruise again.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

It only happened when it's been below 32*, if that means anything?
    Mine was a bad master cylinder, not the abs computer, just the master cylinder.

I didn't trust the mechanic that said it was the computer and master cylinder from only pulling a code.

His prices for jobs didn't add up as well after he replaced an axle seal for me.

So I went to a different guy, and he got a new master cylinder installed w labor for $400.

The first guy wanted $800+ just for the parts.

The second guy said he did some research, and only two people in the United States had the actual ABS module go bad; it was just the master cylinder people were losing.

The first guy was tracing a logic tree from the code, which told him what to replace.

A tech or mechanic willing to go the extra step is worth it.

Maybe your brake fluid is cold, and the master cylinder is messing up with cold fluid.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    Mine was a bad master cylinder, not the abs computer, just the master cylinder.

I didn't trust the mechanic that said it was the computer and master cylinder from only pulling a code.

His prices for jobs didn't add up as well after he replaced an axle seal for me.

So I went to a different guy, and he got a new master cylinder installed w labor for $400.

The first guy wanted $800+ just for the parts.

The second guy said he did some research, and only two people in the United States had the actual ABS module go bad; it was just the master cylinder people were losing.

The first guy was tracing a logic tree from the code, which told him what to replace.

A tech or mechanic willing to go the extra step is worth it.

Maybe your brake fluid is cold, and the master cylinder is messing up with cold fluid.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    That's awesome info.

I will check the master cylinder today when i get home from work.

I plugged my truck in for the first time overnight to make sure the connections were good on the cord I installed.

I had some good frost on the windshield, and my light didn't come on at all!

So maybe the fluid was cold, and the block heater warmed it up?

I will be looking into it either way.

Thanks again!

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Re: Slippery Truck Symbol VS No Cruise Control

That's awesome info.

I will check the master cylinder today when i get home from work.

I plugged my truck in for the first time overnight to make sure the connections were good on the cord I installed.

I had some good frost on the windshield, and my light didn't come on at all!

So maybe the fluid was cold, and the block heater warmed it up?

I will be looking into it either way.

Thanks again!
    What's the latest.

Mine started acting up more.

It randomly turns on the ABS and slippery symbol, esp when towing and if I slip at all.

It's been intermittent, but if I don't start it but rather turn it on and off a few times, it resets.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Sorry I have been MIA for a bit.

I haven't had it come back on since.

All fluids looked good and were full.

10. Thanks SyN, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

So I had to clear the oil change due, and it cleared the abs/slippery symbol when I pressed the accelerator pedal 3 times slowly in the On position.

I got my cruise control back.

Now it's clearing off the dash again when the truck restarts but still comes back on often when I slip on mud or rock on our property.

Fyi try the oil change due to the reset procedure a few times if you have to.

I think I have a wheel sensor going bad, but the abs codes don't show on the ODBII scan tools, and I have been too swamped building a new property to take it in.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

This past week I did almost a complete brake system rebuild on my truck.

Started as a pad change.

I ended up replacing all 4 caliper mounting brackets, PF and DR calipers, pads, and all new brake fluid.

PF caliper gave up the ghost overnight, and I came out to a puddle, yes, a puddle, of brake fluid under my truck!

This thing stops on a freaking dime now!

LOL Hoping this could have handled my issues as well.

We will see come winter again.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

This past week, I did almost a complete brake system rebuild on my truck.

Started as a pad change.

I ended up replacing all 4 caliper mounting brackets, PF and DR calipers, pads, and all new brake fluid.

PF caliper gave up the ghost overnight, and I came out to a puddle, yes, a puddle, of brake fluid under my truck!

This thing stops on a freaking dime now!

LOL Hoping this could have handled my issues as well.

We will see come winter again.
    Mine acted up more in the cold 20 to 40 deg when we left FL and hit New Mexico, Flagstaff, not in Nevada, again in Oregon.

It must be temp related

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I'm going to bump this up again.

A short time after replacing my calipers and other hardware previously mentioned, I noticed another leak from my brake reservoir!

I ended up biting the bullet and taking it to my buddy's shop and having his techs look at it.

I ended up replacing both lines coming in and out of the booster. We have only had a couple of cold nights since this happened, but I haven't had the squiggly traction control symbol pop up due to this issue.

Spinning in snow and ice has made it pop up though LOL.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123