Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  72
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slippery Truck Symbol VS No Cruise Control

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    mine doesn't have a read codes when you click on ABS it just gives you set new tire diameter, then exit, and then actual time diameter

I just did basic setup though when I program the ECM and I get RT switch option to change stuff vs hp options, but I think maybe if I did Advance tuning I would get the option to maybe check the ABS and read codes???

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Not sure. Im pretty sure mine will scan codes in the abs module. Cuz when i changed the tire size my speedo quit working and the abs light came on. But anyways If you can get the codes read at like advance or what not that will give you a starting point. The scanner is really the best thing. But not many individuals have access or have an extra few grand to drop on one. But like @Ramhunter is saying your need a scanner. once you read the codes lets say its a left front wheel speed sensor code. Then the scanner comes in to verify the issue by going to live data and looking at the wheel speeds. But more than likely if yoube got a code for lets say a wheel speed sensor. Most times its the wheel speed sensor. Broken wire or toner ring . But in this case if you havent got a way to at the minimum get a code. Then your basically in the dark and will need to pay someone to diag and fix it.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

2. Likes RamHunter18, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

My $30 obdii Bluetooth reader is great and gives me a lot, but not ABS. Is there a decent reader that uses a phone for the software to make it cheaper - something under $100?

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

climbed under the truck I saw a leak from the passenger side wheel. It's dripping down the rear of the brake drum. I'm thinking it's the rear seal on the hub. Would low diff fluid set off the traction control warning system?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

So I took it to a mechanic he said that there's a bulletin for traction control and after they followed the diagnostic tree for that bulletin it led them to say that computer for the brakes is bad. It sounds to me like they didn't have the ABS code reader so I'm wondering if they're just throwing darts at the wall and fix and the highest price item.

The axle rear seal had a leak so I'm thinking maybe some of the oil from the diff got down onto the sensor and or the low fluid volume somehow is read by the speed sensor at the top of the diff. I don't know, just touching base to see if any of you guys have an idea and what you think this of this explanation from the mechanic.

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    So I took it to a mechanic he said that there's a bulletin for traction control and after they followed the diagnostic tree for that bulletin it led them to say that computer for the brakes is bad. It sounds to me like they didn't have the ABS code reader so I'm wondering if they're just throwing darts at the wall and fix and the highest price item.

The axle rear seal had a leak so I'm thinking maybe some of the oil from the diff got down onto the sensor and or the low fluid volume somehow is read by the speed sensor at the top of the diff. I don't know, just touching base to see if any of you guys have an idea and what you think this of this explanation from the mechanic.

The mechanic says the abs code is C121D

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I would say hes not trying to take you. Especially since he found the tsb that means he was doing his job. Half of diagnosis is reasearch. Whole lot of good info on tsbs. Theres a whole lot of techs out there that dont do their research and woulda thrown a brake pressure switch on it. Also i would say the axle seal is not the cause of the problem. Now if it was throwing a code for that wheels wheel speed sensor then yeah it could have something to do with it. Is the tsb for a reflash or just a new abs module?

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Most bulletins give a pretty good check list too. So if he did follow it hes basically doing what the factory says. Also truth be told. Everything thinks mechanics are un trust worthy. While some are. The real issue isnt the techs. Its the service advisors. Not all of them. But more service writers than techs. Just keep that in mind.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

The steps were literally, erase the error code and if it comes back clear it again, if it comes back, replace the ABS module and HUC as one unit.

https://f01.justanswer.com/jeep10000...D_ABS_code.pdf

To me that means something could trip and make the error and then it could be cleared with no issues. Otherwise if it doesn't clear it's only the computer that could cause the fualt... Then why try to clear it bc the computer is creating a fualt...

Some people said to check the CAN bus cables. I think that means from the transducer that reads the liquid pressure side and changes it to digital "HUC", it would then be the cable from that transducer output to the truck computer.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

See what they mean by clear the code and see if it comes right back. If you clear the code and its back up before the truck even moves. Or even before the truck starts for that matter. Nothing really has happened for the code to be set again besides the module going thru its paces. Ide just visually chrck the wires. Make sure no critters had a good time in your engine bay. Ide check the connection at the pressure sensor. And maybe even ohm it out and see see if its got high or low resistance. If your not sold its the module put the switch in it and see if the code comes back. But being that theres a bulletin that means chrysler has seen it enough to put the information out there that there is a problem and on a fix.

18. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Power247 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    See what they mean by clear the code and see if it comes right back. If you clear the code and its back up before the truck even moves. Or even before the truck starts for that matter. Nothing really has happened for the code to be set again besides the module going thru its paces. Ide just visually chrck the wires. Make sure no critters had a good time in your engine bay. Ide check the connection at the pressure sensor. And maybe even ohm it out and see see if its got high or low resistance. If your not sold its the module put the switch in it and see if the code comes back. But being that theres a bulletin that means chrysler has seen it enough to put the information out there that there is a problem and on a fix.
    Makes sense, thanks !

20. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast