Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery Keeps Dying - RaceME Ultra

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Battery Keeps Dying - RaceME Ultra

I've had the same issue on my 2018 after installing the RaceME just as a monitor.

Except for mine only happens if I forget to unplug the monitor from the OBD port.

Mine will sit for weeks at a time when the kids are not playing ball, and we don't have to travel.

I understand that the truck will not go to sleep when something is plugged into the OBD port.

Now i make sure I unplug the RaceME and leave my Ctek charger on it and have not had any more issues.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

2. Likes webbster713 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

So apparently the batteries dying was just a coincidence with me installing the update.

I pulled both batteries and installed new ones.

I have been monitoring the old ones with a battery charger and it appears that one of the batteries is bad.

It does not hold a charge and is the reason the truck would not start when set up for a couple of days.

So problem solved.

NOT a problem caused by the tuner.

4. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

All comments above are right on, but might I suggest trickle charge fully prior to installing any updates, then verify fully charged after the install.

Seems those that do this has way less problems.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

Original batteries on my 16 have been dying after only sitting for 5ish days recently.

The truck is only being driven around town a few times a week.

I got it jumped it off, no problems, and the dealer says batteries are good to go, so I’m at a loss.

I never used to unplug the MM3 and never had issues before, but the truck was driven daily until a few months ago.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB
    2016 Ram 2500 CCSB *SOLD*

8. Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Mines does the as well.

The crap is getting old.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12