Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: New exhaust!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

New exhaust!

Finally got my 5” MBRP turboback installed today and it’s a night and day difference from a muffled and catted stock system. I notice when I stomp on it there doesn’t seem to be that deep low end grunt. Is this just due to the fact that the exhaust is less restrictive now which makes it kinda seem “airy”? Also how would ones check for leaks? I cranked everything down pretty tight, but I guess I’m just being over cautious. IMG_1802.jpg
    Yes guys, I will be shortening the tailpipe.. got too excited and wanted to drive it first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: New exhaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Amd241997 View Post
    Finally got my 5” MBRP turboback installed today and it’s a night and day difference from a muffled and catted stock system. I notice when I stomp on it there doesn’t seem to be that deep low end grunt. Is this just due to the fact that the exhaust is less restrictive now which makes it kinda seem “airy”? Also how would ones check for leaks? I cranked everything down pretty tight, but I guess I’m just being over cautious. IMG_1802.jpg
    Yes guys, I will be shortening the tailpipe.. got too excited and wanted to drive it first

Is that a 6.7 truck? If so are you comparing the sound to a 5.9 truck? I assume your talking about sound anyways.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Is that a 6.7 truck? If so are you comparing the sound to a 5.9 truck? I assume your talking about sound anyways.
    It’s the 5.9
    The old exhaust had a muffler and was deeper. The new one is a straight through turboback that has an “airy” sound to it. Just guessing it’s that way since the new exhaust is less restrictive. It made me think there were leaks and I guess I was being careful.

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

It’s the 5.9
    The old exhaust had a muffler and was deeper. The new one is a straight through turboback that has an “airy” sound to it. Just guessing it’s that way since the new exhaust is less restrictive. It made me think there were leaks and I guess I was being careful.

Ahhh i gotcha i see what you mean. Have you tuned the truck yet? I dont reckon ive ever heard a 5.9 without that grunt of a 5.9

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Ahhh i gotcha i see what you mean. Have you tuned the truck yet? I dont reckon ive ever heard a 5.9 without that grunt of a 5.9
    It’s not running a professional tune, just an Edge CTS2 Attitude w/Juice. Wasn’t really intending on tuning it until I get a bigger turbo setup so for now the Edge will have to do.

9. Likes Dwelsh liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I love that color blue!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

It’s the 5.9

the airy sound is likely just more turbo noise coming through. Having the extra canisters on there really kill it. Drive it for a couple hundred miles then look over your connections. There will be excessive soot if something is not tight. A little soot isn’t a huge deal since air most always finds its way around things

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

It’s the 5.9

Do you have much drone? I have an 03 that still has the stock exhaust and am wanting to eventually put a 4 in on. But I want a little deeper tone but not crazy loud and without drone.

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 03 unicorn View Post
    Do you have much drone? I have an 03 that still has the stock exhaust and am wanting to eventually put a 4 in on. But I want a little deeper tone but not crazy loud and without drone.
    Sorry for the late response. I don’t really have much drone with the windows up and highway speed. But for me I love the sound. If you’re towing it might be a little much but I don’t tow. It’s definitely worth it.

15. Thanks 03 unicorn thanked for this post
    Likes 03 unicorn liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Sorry for the late response. I don’t really have much drone with the windows up and highway speed. But for me I love the sound. If you’re towing it might be a little much but I don’t tow. It’s definitely worth it.

It's going to have to be a little later the clutch went out of it last weekend. So the extra money is going to a new clutch