Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brighter headlight bulbs

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Brighter headlight bulbs

I’m currently in the market for some brighter and whiter front end lights for my 2004 Ram 3500. The lights I have now are a little too dim and put off a yellowish hue that I don’t really enjoy. Eventually I’m intending on doing a full housing swap w/projectors and/or HID’s, but for now I just want a whiter and brighter (and cheaper) replacement. I want to replace both sets of hi and low beams and well as the fog light bulbs. I don’t know exactly how the bulbs are oriented in the main housing (I’m assuming one bulb in the housing is for lo and the other for high and then blinkers of course). What sizes do I need to replace all the bulbs in the housing (minus blinkers) and fog lamps? I’m looking for either a 6000k or 8000k color. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes walla2k5, Murph liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Brighter headlight bulbs

Ill shoot you a message. I may have a few things you will like.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amd241997 View Post
    I’m currently in the market for some brighter and whiter front end lights for my 2004 Ram 3500. The lights I have now are a little too dim and put off a yellowish hue that I don’t really enjoy. Eventually I’m intending on doing a full housing swap w/projectors and/or HID’s, but for now I just want a whiter and brighter (and cheaper) replacement. I want to replace both sets of hi and low beams and well as the fog light bulbs. I don’t know exactly how the bulbs are oriented in the main housing (I’m assuming one bulb in the housing is for lo and the other for high and then blinkers of course). What sizes do I need to replace all the bulbs in the housing (minus blinkers) and fog lamps? I’m looking for either a 6000k or 8000k color. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi I have been thinking the same thing with my 03. The lights just seem dull. Let me/us know what you decide and please show pictures once installed of befor and after. Thanks

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

IMG_0412.jpg
    Google Ryan's guide to halogen bulbs. That will tell what bulbs will perform better. You're not going to get 6000-8000k bulbs without using LEDs or HIDs. But the reflector housings are not designed for those bulbs, so it won't be "better". Many people think that brighter is better, but that's NOT true. Until you can do a retrofit just keep halogens in there. I retrofit my pickups and one thing i have so say is that i HATE 6000k bulbs. The blue hue is terrible when lighting up road, i can't imagine 8000k. I won't run anything over 5000k.

8. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, AKram2500, Murph, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I disagree. I threw in a set of LEDs in my stock headlights and I'm very very happy with them.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Likes david3gen, walla2k5, Murph liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

You can’t beat LED’S are awesome if you buy the real ones not some cheap BS ones do your research check out headlightrevolution.com great company and awesome info

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes walla2k5, Murph, SyN liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

LEDs can't be beat? You might wanna do some research before making such a bold statement that is actually false.
    The majority of people think LEDs are better because they are brighter, but brighter does not mean better. LEDs tend to put out a lot of foreground, so people think they are better because of all the bright foreground. The reality is that all of that foreground gives you less useable light and takes away from your width and distance visibility.

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I had the same thing with my '03 Quad Cab 3500.

I changed mine to LED bulb and enjoy the brightness.

The only glitch is when I switch from high to low and vise-versa, there is a split second blackout but I don't need the high beams too much because the low beams are much better.

15. Likes 03 unicorn liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    You can’t beat LED’S are awesome if you buy the real ones not some cheap BS ones do your research check out headlightrevolution.com great company and awesome info
    Great post and reference for backing, not just an opinion (which is fine, I guess it's all in how you lay it down), more knowledge is always helpful. Also, as I love this community and site. I'm not a fan of responses like the first to yours,,,, but to each their own I guess, Maybe El Hefe sent a PM to the new guy and stated if that's your approach there's prob as many other forums who appreciate that candor. Jus' sayin', we need to maintain some decorum.

17. Likes 03 unicorn liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHauler1985 View Post
    I had the same thing with my '03 Quad Cab 3500.

I changed mine to LED bulb and enjoy the brightness.

The only glitch is when I switch from high to low and vise-versa, there is a split second blackout but I don't need the high beams too much because the low beams are much better.
    I put LEDs in both my headlights and fog lights of my 03 2500

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

19. Thanks Murph thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast