Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Off-road suspension

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Off-road suspension

I recently bought an ‘04 Ram 3500 with the 5.9 HO. The truck came with a 4” easy ride lift and air bags. The ride is very stiff and not too surprising since it’s a one-ton. Eventually I want to be able to take it off road like I did with my F-150. I’m not looking to be crawling over boulders and doing Jeep things, but I want to make it into somewhat of an overlander. My wife and I enjoy camping and the outdoors and it’d be nice to take the truck into the backcountry too. I mainly want to be able to just swap my coilovers and shocks and make it a softer, more capable off-roader. Anybody have any ideas or examples of what they’ve done? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Off-road suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Amd241997 View Post
    I recently bought an ‘04 Ram 3500 with the 5.9 HO. The truck came with a 4” easy ride lift and air bags. The ride is very stiff and not too surprising since it’s a one-ton. Eventually I want to be able to take it off road like I did with my F-150. I’m not looking to be crawling over boulders and doing Jeep things, but I want to make it into somewhat of an overlander. My wife and I enjoy camping and the outdoors and it’d be nice to take the truck into the backcountry too. I mainly want to be able to just swap my coilovers and shocks and make it a softer, more capable off-roader. Anybody have any ideas or examples of what they’ve done? Thanks!

Welcome

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

3. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amd241997 View Post

Yes sir and ill be more then happy to help you out. I am a dealer for Thuren, Carli, Pure Performance, BDS and Icon. Those are some of the best offroad lifts you can get. Ill shoot you a message.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I just put a pure Performance kit on my truck. Love it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

6. Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post