Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would You Buy???

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Would You Buy???

Hey everyone, long time duramax owner but wanting to switch it up a little. I'm looking to spend around 25k on a truck. Everyone says the 3rd gen trannys are trash. In saying that, would you buy a truck with over 200k miles but with a built trans or a 6.7 with 158k miles?? This is the one I'm looking at. The trannys scare me a little in the cummins so I'm a little hesitant to get one

https://fayetteville.craigslist.org/...825504415.html

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Would You Buy???

Very clean. Worth maybe 16 to 18k would be my guess

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by contenderv07 View Post
    Hey everyone, long time duramax owner but wanting to switch it up a little. I'm looking to spend around 25k on a truck. Everyone says the 3rd gen trannys are trash. In saying that, would you buy a truck with over 200k miles but with a built trans or a 6.7 with 158k miles?? This is the one I'm looking at. The trannys scare me a little in the cummins so I'm a little hesitant to get one

https://fayetteville.craigslist.org/...825504415.html
    I wouldnt hesitate buying it. Your be hard pressed to find one like that in nc even stock for that price . Diesel market in this area is through the roof.and with the upgrades i dont reckon youve got alot to worry about

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Likes Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    I wouldnt hesitate buying it. Your be hard pressed to find one like that in nc even stock for that price . Diesel market in this area is through the roof.and with the upgrades i dont reckon youve got alot to worry about
    you're not lying!!!!!! I cant believe how much diesels go for in NC

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

you're not lying!!!!!! I cant believe how much diesels go for in NC
    LOL. No rust and very popular. Shoot if that trucks been in nc all its life it prob still looks brand new underneath. Only diesel in nc you can get cheap is a 2wd duramax or a 6.0 LOL.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I guess the other thing is too with that truck is its the last year without a bunch of garbage for emmissions. So imo it will always be sought after. The epa cant come in and make you put DPF and all that back on ya know? Just likr the lbz it sill always be a popular truck

8. Likes Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I guess the other thing is too with that truck is its the last year without a bunch of garbage for emmissions. So imo it will always be sought after. The epa cant come in and make you put DPF and all that back on ya know? Just likr the lbz it sill always be a popular truck
    yea I'm still looking for an LBZ too and found one with 65k miles (no aftermarket anything), guy was wanting 25k, but I still have my truck to sell. I'm still a little pissed about that one

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

yea I'm still looking for an LBZ too and found one with 65k miles (no aftermarket anything), guy was wanting 25k, but I still have my truck to sell. I'm still a little pissed about that one
    Thats not bad. Coming from someone who has had 2 duramaxs and 2 cummins. I personally like both. But love a cummins and the simplicity. Someone back out on ya?

11. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thats not bad. Coming from someone who has had 2 duramaxs and 2 cummins. I personally like both. But love a cummins and the simplicity. Someone back out on ya?
    it was more of wish of hoping that I could get my truck sold first. He had it on sale for about 3 months with nothing. Here is the other one I'm looking at but I HATE dealing with dealerships. I was looking at these as well..
    https://www.oldhammotorcowakeforest....Wake-Forest-NC
    https://www.furrstclasscars.com/deta...-2500/52058480

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I like the 2012. Can you trade yours in

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast