Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would You Buy???

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Would You Buy???

Quote Originally Posted by contenderv07 View Post
    ugh yea thats a lot, but I love about 2 hours from Charlotte so it wouldn't be too bad. I found one that had built trans (along with some other things) for 19k, so I may take a look at that one

this is the one
    https://fayetteville.craigslist.org/...827242639.html

If you plan on keeping the truck a while and running anything over stock power spend the money on a trans. It’s not any fun having the power if you have to worry about walking home after using it

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Top Of Page | #22
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I have an '06. Those that have had problems with their tranny is thinking they can tow like a Kenworth and its not. Sorry, but I'll never give up my truck .. even for a totally new fully loaded one that would be free.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Likes david3gen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by contenderv07 View Post
    Hey everyone, long time duramax owner but wanting to switch it up a little. I'm looking to spend around 25k on a truck. Everyone says the 3rd gen trannys are trash. In saying that, would you buy a truck with over 200k miles but with a built trans or a 6.7 with 158k miles?? This is the one I'm looking at. The trannys scare me a little in the cummins so I'm a little hesitant to get one

https://fayetteville.craigslist.org/...825504415.html
    The people that complain, beat the hell out of those trannies. They don't know how to drive either. The 48RE can be very stout built right. Mine is almost bullet proof with only moderate upgrades. I tow, I don't rocket out on every traffic light.

I published an article in the How Too section on buying trucks. Same applies for 3rd gens. Avoid 06

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    The people that complain, beat the hell out of those trannies. They don't know how to drive either. The 48RE can be very stout built right. Mine is almost bullet proof with only moderate upgrades. I tow, I don't rocket out on every traffic light.

I published an article in the How Too section on buying trucks. Same applies for 3rd gens. Avoid 06
    awesome thank you for that. I'm not looking to pull anything HUGE, or even take it to the track. More of I just like having some badass power (and to teach some of those ricers a lesson sometimes). I'm off to look at the article. Thanks again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123