Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: High egt with new turbo

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

High egt with new turbo

2001 Dodge Cummins, 5 speed, mbrp exhaust, fass 165 with *** sump, edge jwa comp, 50hp injectors, afe intake, Banks intake manifold, steed speed, II Silver Bullet Phatshaft 69.

I just recently put on a Industrial Injection Silver Bullet Phatshaft 69 Turbo and a T3 Steed Speed Manifold. My egts have significantly gotten worse since putting this turbo on and is crazy awful on fuel let alone smoke. From going up a slight hill in 5th cruising I’m seeing 1100-1200 egt easy. When I was buying the turbo thinking I would need bigger injectors but now I’m lost on what to do to fix this. Thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: High egt with new turbo

What kind of boost are you seeing? Sounds like you have way to much turbo and are not spooling it just dumping in the fuel

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Like 0-5 psi under 2100 rpm and once I get turbo to light at 2100 it takes off and makes up to 34psi wot. Just wondering if bigger injectors would remedy this or better tuning as well?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-24v View Post
    Like 0-5 psi under 2100 rpm and once I get turbo to light at 2100 it takes off and makes up to 34psi wot. Just wondering if bigger injectors would remedy this or better tuning as well?
    Bigger injectors won’t help for this. The turbo is too large the way it is set up and is not able to get spinning enough to clear the fuel being used (smoke and high EGT). A tuning adjustment or smaller turbo will be needed to there is more air lower in the RPM band

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I would agree. Why did you go with such a large turbo? What do you use the truck for?

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I went with a larger s300 turbo because I wanted to build a street/the odd race truck. I appreciate the responses and have adjusted my tuning and timing on it and has since made quite a difference for the better!

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I went with a larger s300 turbo because I wanted to build a street/the odd race truck. I appreciate the responses and have adjusted my tuning and timing on it and has since made quite a difference for the better!
    Glad to hear it! I’m curios- Did you back down the EJ or swap to another program?

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I did drop it down to the hot unlock level to try to clean up the fueling a bit. Also adjusted the timing back slightly as it was at the maximum which I’m not quite sure what is best.. ? Will do some more driving and possibly look at adjusting the low boost response and see if I can get it dialed ????

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I did drop it down to the hot unlock level to try to clean up the fueling a bit. Also adjusted the timing back slightly as it was at the maximum which I’m not quite sure what is best.. ? Will do some more driving and possibly look at adjusting the low boost response and see if I can get it dialed ????
    From the little I know about 12v 13-16 degrees works well on most trucks. The low boost setting is really just added fuel- in theory with what you are expierencing I would dial it back. Maybe start by cutting the value in half and going from there

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com