Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FASS INSTALL Need some help here

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Here's what's bothering me Rob. There are two sides to this filter. You can look at yours. The feed side is completely bypassed by the Fass.

The fuel enters in the top back, goes into the filter chamber and out the bottom of the filter housing to the CP3. The return passes through the filter and is fed from 3 points. I'll get you a pic in a bit. 1 return comes from the CP3, the 2nd comes from the blow off valve on the rail, and the third is the return from the injectors off the back of the head. The fuel is not supposed to go in the filter chamber from the return.

Today I drained the filter housing, removed the filter cartridge and put a new top on. 5 minutes later the chamber was full of fuel and the top popped off again.

I'm thinking the return got a piece of crap in it and the fass is so powerful it broke the filter housing. I'll know tomorrow when I take it out and inspect it and check the lines for flow.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Sounds like a time to back track everything.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I think something got into the return. I had a hell of a time trying to purge the air, it took two of us to get it. Alex came last night and helped.

Tomorrow the filter assemble comes out. Alex and I agree that maybe a small oiece of rubber from the lines go in there and blocked the return

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I guess if I ever get one I need to take two weeks off to install it LOL. Good luck hope you figure it out.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I'll let you know what it was. The Fass itself wasn't that bad. But I think I am losing my touch. I used to have golden fingers. The strokes took them away. Sigh

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

LOL ill end up paying somebody to put it in I don't have the Patients for things like that anymore. LOL

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Heh

Everything I read said the return didn't enter the filter chamber. We were all wrong. The return section of the filter has a gallery going into the filter chamber.

With that said, I removed the filter today and started to track all the lines. I sent some air down the return line and it came right back at me. Huh? It was allot of air coming back. Realizing I filled the tank with air, I realized the there is a venting problem in the tank. Took off the cap and forced air down again. Blew free. I later put the cap back on and blew down again and I could hear it the air vent through the cap.

WTF!

So now I wait for the delete and should be good to go.

I did manage to get the spacers in the front springs

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Been looking at lift pumps I'm kinda leaning to the fuel boss or the DDT assassin I don't know yet. LOL

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Everything seems to be OK. I ran it down Rt 80 with no issues.

I guess a piece of something got into the return line and I blew it out.

10. Likes K-Sons liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12