Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: More Actuator Issues...

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

More Actuator Issues...

Hi folks, I have a 2015 2500 with full deletes, straight pipe, and RaceMe tuner. Truck has 40k miles and I've been having actuator issues for the last 2k miles or so. My mechanic advised me to run a few tanks of diesel with Hot Shot Secret in it in the event it was just the veins sticking.

Truck still having issues, all indicators seem to point to the actuator.

Codes present are:
    P003A Turbo Boost Control Module Position Exceeded Learning Limit
    P0046 Turbo Boost Control Circuit Performance
    P00AF Turbo Boost Control Module Performance
    P0507 Idle Speed Performance Higher Than Expected

My issue is that "so far" I am getting resistance from the dealer about taking care of the actuator under warranty because of the delete & tune. So, my question for the group is, has anyone else had to deal with trying to warranty a turbo actuator with a deleted and tuned truck, if so what was the outcome?

Thanks for any help!

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: More Actuator Issues...

Warranty went good bye. Just replace it and keep going down the road. Or call around for a mod friendly dealer and see if you get lucky

4. Thanks Brant thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brant View Post
    Hi folks, I have a 2015 2500 with full deletes, straight pipe, and RaceMe tuner. Truck has 40k miles and I've been having actuator issues for the last 2k miles or so. My mechanic advised me to run a few tanks of diesel with Hot Shot Secret in it in the event it was just the veins sticking.

Codes present are:

My issue is that "so far" I am getting resistance from the dealer about taking care of the actuator under warranty because of the delete & tune. So, my question for the group is, has anyone else had to deal with trying to warranty a turbo actuator with a deleted and tuned truck, if so what was the outcome?

Thanks for any help!
    Not likely to be covered under warranty. Replace it with a fixed blade mechanical turbo and call it good. No more replacing turbos after 40k

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks Brant thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brant View Post

Codes present are:

Thanks for any help!

Modly friend dealers are hard to find. I had one in the houston area and man it took me 3 years to find him LOL. Of course he scratched my back so i had to scratch his. I found him by speaking with the service advisor as well as the mechanics in the back. It's not easy to get back there to speak with them but alot of them will even mod your truck for you on the side for extra money.

Like stated, getting rid of that VGT turbo is a little expensive but it's well worth it. I'll shoot you a message and give you some more info my friend.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks Brant thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post