Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Catch can

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Catch can

So I'm going to be doing a CCV delete and get rid of all the gunk being piped back to the air intake which will or could lead to turbo issues. I got a kit from Rudy's when ordering all the other stuff for egr etc but it has the 90 with filter on it. I went that route because I dont want to just run hose out to the ground for it to drip from and leave oil spots in the driveway and garage. Since making that purchase I have since read a lot of things about it not being a good idea to go that route because of the fact that the little filter can become plugged etc and still build cc pressure. So now I'm looking into the catch can idea and either putting the filter on the catch can or just running the catch can with a hose ran down the frame rail etc. Open to opinions and options and to hear what you guys are running. Thanks for any advise.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Catch can

I replaced the filter and put a catch can inline and left it running to in front of the turbo.

2013 3500 SRW, Mm3, DRD Tunes, Kevlar Paint

4. Likes watersupply189, RamHunter18 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GraveyBoat View Post
    I replaced the filter and put a catch can inline and left it running to in front of the turbo.
    What catch can are you using?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joshault View Post
    So I'm going to be doing a CCV delete and get rid of all the gunk being piped back to the air intake which will or could lead to turbo issues. I got a kit from Rudy's when ordering all the other stuff for egr etc but it has the 90 with filter on it. I went that route because I dont want to just run hose out to the ground for it to drip from and leave oil spots in the driveway and garage. Since making that purchase I have since read a lot of things about it not being a good idea to go that route because of the fact that the little filter can become plugged etc and still build cc pressure. So now I'm looking into the catch can idea and either putting the filter on the catch can or just running the catch can with a hose ran down the frame rail etc. Open to opinions and options and to hear what you guys are running. Thanks for any advise.

Other option several have done is run heater hose from valve cover to the frame rail. Gets rid of the oil smell and no drips in driveway.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

What catch can are you using?

Not sure on the brand. It's just a baffled can that my buddy had laying around from his circle track car. I ran it to a hole in the frame first but wasn't sure about crankcase pressure so went with the can back to the factory location. Best of both worlds I think, zero issues with the can.

10. Likes watersupply189, RamHunter18 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Other option several have done is run heater hose from valve cover to the frame rail. Gets rid of the oil smell and no drips in driveway.
    This is how my 07.5 was done, no issues with it.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

My only concern now is I have read that the 13+ have a pressure sensor that will throw codes if altered in anyway. So I'm scared to do the CCV delete like I wanted. I also seen drd likes leaving that stock so idk if his tunes disable that sensor or not.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

My only concern now is I have read that the 13+ have a pressure sensor that will throw codes if altered in anyway. So I'm scared to do the CCV delete like I wanted. I also seen drd likes leaving that stock so idk if his tunes disable that sensor or not.

I have drd tunes and went to the frame first and didn't have any codes.

16. Thanks Joshault, Hotram9212 thanked for this post
    Likes Joshault, watersupply189, Hotram9212 liked this post