Truck Wurx

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  37

Thread: emissions compliant tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

emissions compliant tuning

Hey all,

Im on the fence between DRD's emission compliant EGRless tuning (to keep warranty in tact) and the off road tunes with the full delete. Has anyone had any experience with the emissions compliant tunes? and if so, how much has it improved the truck and its over all performance? does the truck sound better? Is the mpg better? buying one or the other so any info is appreciated, thanks.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Here to protect and serve! watersupply189's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: emissions compliant tuning

Quote Originally Posted by midnightcummins View Post
    Hey all,

Im on the fence between DRD's emission compliant EGRless tuning (to keep warranty in tact) and the off road tunes with the full delete. Has anyone had any experience with the emissions compliant tunes? and if so, how much has it improved the truck and its over all performance? does the truck sound better? Is the mpg better? buying one or the other so any info is appreciated, thanks.
    I had it on my truck for about 15,000 miles before I decided to full delete. You can feel the difference in power, it will definitely use more DEF, I averaged around 2,500 miles to a tank full, you will not hear any difference in sound at all because your soot cookers are still on there.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins, G56, Rough Country Leveling, 35W HID fog lights,35W HID headlights, Lund Attitude Step Bars Sprayed Line-X, Window Vent Visors from EGR, LED Cargo, tag and backup lights, Windows Tinted, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50 18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/ Dark Tint, A.R.E. topper, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
    Past- 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Lone-Star Eco Diesel

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you for the reply!

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I am at 60K miles on the Emissions compliant tuning. not a bad thing to say about it!

2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 with Rays Emission compliant EGR-Less Tuning and 12V tune

Future plans: Fass, head studs, slightly larger tires (at least more aggressive tread)

6 in a row makes her go

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Technically your warranty is gone either way so if your thinking about deleting and can get away with it where you live then just do that. Takes about a hr to re install the factory exhaust and flash back to stock if you ever have the need.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Technically your warranty is gone either way so if your thinking about deleting and can get away with it where you live then just do that. Takes about a hr to re install the factory exhaust and flash back to stock if you ever have the need.
    An hour? I wish it was that quick!

2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 with Rays Emission compliant EGR-Less Tuning and 12V tune

Future plans: Fass, head studs, slightly larger tires (at least more aggressive tread)

6 in a row makes her go

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I've done a few i guess..lol

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    I am at 60K miles on the Emissions compliant tuning. not a bad thing to say about it!
    does your truck have the 68RFE tranny? if so how did the trans tunes with the emissions compliant work on it? did it take away the hard shifting?

11. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by midnightcummins View Post
    does your truck have the 68RFE tranny? if so how did the trans tunes with the emissions compliant work on it? did it take away the hard shifting?
    yes 68rfe, and everything works well. I tow regularly, (100 to 200 miles a week at this point) and have never had an issue. I don't notice a hard shift, or shift flair at all under normal conditions

6 in a row makes her go

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    yes 68rfe, and everything works well. I tow regularly, (100 to 200 miles a week at this point) and have never had an issue. I don't notice a hard shift, or shift flair at all under normal conditions
    ok perfect, thanks for the reply!

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post