Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rollin coal

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Rollin coal

I know it’s childish but sometimes I’d like to see a little more smoke come out of my exhaust. I have a 5” turboback on the way (don’t know if the stock exhaust restricts smoke output) and only other mod is an Edge CTS2 Juice w/Attitude. I’ve already cranked the low boost up to 5 on power setting 5 and the results are good, but the duration is short and clouds aren’t as thick and dark. I’ve also thought about installing a smoke switch, but I’m not electrical savvy. Anything I can do on my Edge programmer other than what I’ve done? I do plan on getting a bigger turbo possibly this summer. Again I know it may seem childish for some, but coal rollin is one of the main things that actually attracted me to diesels. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Rollin coal

I will say in some states they are passing laws with beefy fines for this.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Likes Thomas1960 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Thank you for the input. I was actually unaware of that. I’ll have to do some research for Utah then.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Also, does anyone know what the fuel level alert means that my CTS2 throws whenever I gas it hard?

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Just did some research and I should’ve known with Utah’s clean air act that it’d be illegal. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll stick to actual performance mods. Are you able to answer my other question I posted above this comment?

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amd241997 View Post
    Also, does anyone know what the fuel level alert means that my CTS2 throws whenever I gas it hard?

Whats the measurement that it’s using? Does it do it on settings 1-5 equally?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Whats the measurement that it’s using? Does it do it on settings 1-5 equally?
    It’ll say like fuel level 0, 7, 9. At first I thought it meant actual fuel amount but my tank doesn’t coincide with the alerts so I’m assuming it’s something totally different. Haven’t messed with the other power settings since picking up the truck so I have no clue. I tried googling and looking through a PDF file of the Edge manual but nothing. It really only does it under heavy throttle. I have my monitor set up to show boost, HP, torque, fuel mileage, EGT, ECT, and TFT so I can’t pin the alert to a specific gauge yet.

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

My guess is it has to do with rail pressure or desired fuel for injection. Like I said before the edge increases fuel to create power. When you peg the gas it’s dumping fuel and causing the alert to go off because it is trying to keep up or straining the fuel system. My guess is this is when you are getting some of the black smoke as well.

There should be a way you can adjust it to shut it off. I would see if there is a way to just clear/reset the unit and then lay it out how you want

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes Amd241997 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

IMG_1735.jpgIMG_1737.jpg
    Took a video of the fuel level gauge but I have no clue how to post a video. Anyways, it seems when I hit the gas the percentage drops and as I ease off the throttle and just cruise the fuel percentage goes back up. The picture I took of the fuel percentage was at idle. What does this gauge mean?

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    My guess is it has to do with rail pressure or desired fuel for injection. Like I said before the edge increases fuel to create power. When you peg the gas it’s dumping fuel and causing the alert to go off because it is trying to keep up or straining the fuel system. My guess is this is when you are getting some of the black smoke as well.

There should be a way you can adjust it to shut it off. I would see if there is a way to just clear/reset the unit and then lay it out how you want
    That sounds about right per my recent reply with pictures

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast