Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rollin coal

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Rollin coal

my guess and logic here. The CP3 maxes out rail pressure at 24k psi- converting that to percentage 30 percent is about 7200 psi which is normal idle for the 5.9. That number should increase under throttle though and not decrease

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

my guess and logic here. The CP3 maxes out rail pressure at 24k psi- converting that to percentage 30 percent is about 7200 psi which is normal idle for the 5.9. That number should increase under throttle though and not decrease

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    That makes sense, but do you think the pressure is decreasing to catch up with the added throttle? I’m a newb but to me that would make sense, like the pump or whatever is trying to catch up with the throttle input and pressure is decreasing since the throttle is being slammed on and opened up a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amd241997 View Post
    That makes sense, but do you think the pressure is decreasing to catch up with the added throttle? I’m a newb but to me that would make sense, like the pump or whatever is trying to catch up with the throttle input and pressure is decreasing since the throttle is being slammed on and opened up a lot.

Negative- if it were decreasing enough that it was visible on the gauge then you’d have issues and the trucks response would suffer pretty bad. The CP3 should be able to kick up rail pressure as fast as you can open it up- split second stuff

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Negative- if it were decreasing enough that it was visible on the gauge then you’d have issues and the trucks response would suffer pretty bad. The CP3 should be able to kick up rail pressure as fast as you can open it up- split second stuff
    So then what do you think could be my issue? Seeing how youre the only one I’m able to ask right now.

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I may have missed the initial ask but I thought you were curious what the alarm was and the truck was running okay.

If this is the case there is not an issue and the alarm parameters need to be changed or removed. These were set by the prior owner so no telling what they were using them for

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I may have missed the initial ask but I thought you were curious what the alarm was and the truck was running okay.

If this is the case there is not an issue and the alarm parameters need to be changed or removed. These were set by the prior owner so no telling what they were using them for
    Okay thank you. Still learning my way around a diesel so I appreciate the help. I just gotta figure out exactly what parameters to set and what that specific gauge means to the truck. Because there is a separate option for rail pressure.

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amd241997 View Post
    Okay thank you. Still learning my way around a diesel so I appreciate the help. I just gotta figure out exactly what parameters to set and what that specific gauge means to the truck. Because there is a separate option for rail pressure.

Sure thing. I’d delete that parameter that’s buzzing at you.

For rail pressure each truck truck is a bit different- idle you want to be 7k psi ball park. 6500 being low and 8200 being higher. I’d just monitor it at idle for a bit to get a feel for where it stays. Wide open should be 24k psi regardless. Depending on tuning it won’t peg out but that’s it’s potiential.

rail pressure will help you find fuel system failures in the future. Hopefully you won’t have any!

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Sure thing. I’d delete that parameter that’s buzzing at you.

For rail pressure each truck truck is a bit different- idle you want to be 7k psi ball park. 6500 being low and 8200 being higher. I’d just monitor it at idle for a bit to get a feel for where it stays. Wide open should be 24k psi regardless. Depending on tuning it won’t peg out but that’s it’s potiential.

rail pressure will help you find fuel system failures in the future. Hopefully you won’t have any!
    Thanks for the help!

10. Top Of Page | #20

It's your fuel level. The cts is very sensitive to the fuel level sloshing around in the tank. I noticed this on my cts with anything below a 1/4 tank of fuel. Nothing to do with pressure or anything pump related

2018 ram 2500 Tradesman 6.7 mm3 with drd lite tuning. Deleted @12000 miles. Zone 4" Lift. Fox shocks. 20" Motometal 962. 35" Toyo m/t. Magnum steps. AFE intake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast