Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Knocking sounds, dealer says CP3 denying warranty

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Knocking sounds, dealer says CP3 denying warranty

My truck started make a knocking noise. I took it to the dealer and am being told it needs a CP3 that's bad due to fuel contamination from the slip tank.

The truck is a 2015 3500 with a 68RFE and has 78k miles and is absolutely stock apart from a bumper and slip tank. The slip tank is plumbed through a cat fuel filter into the stock tank.

Any advise to argue my cause with the dealer or did I just lose the warranty on the motor as a whole?

Thanks.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Knocking sounds, dealer says CP3 denying warranty

Now I'm being told that the CP3 is bad and there are metal fragments throughout the fuel system. Due to that the whole fuel system needs to be replaced. Tank to injectors. They're working on a quote to try to get it replaced under warranty. But I'm still being told there will probably be issues due to the transfer tank. Hopefully will get an answer tomorrow. But may still be waiting for a Mopar inspector to come verify everything.

I just picked up a couple diesel fuel analysis kits from CAT to go in and pull samples depending on what I'm told.

The truck ran absolutely perfectly when it went in. Beyond an odd knocking sounds. No check engine lights. No loss of power. Zero other issues

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Following for updates. Hopefully the dealership and face will right by you on this. Regardless of the slip tank, the filters should have caught any debris before making that much if a mess. Something else must have gone wrong...

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post